Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon just got attacked

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Pretty horrendous stuff at Tynie last night. Neil Lennon deserves a great deal of public opprobrium for the way he has conducted himself this season. His actions more or less singlehandedly led to a referee's strike in November. He regularly hurls a torrent abuse at referees and opposing players in games (see any game v the Huns, game against Hearts in November & Dundee United in October), he started a square go with McCoist in March. He insinuated that Hearts lay down to Rangers at the weekend and Motherwell before that. He gestured to the Rangers fans at the last game at Ibrox. The list is endless.

None of this excuses him receiving death threats, parcel/nail bombs, or a punch in the face from a so-called "fan" of a team I support. All of that is abhorrent.

However, Lennon is not an innocent in all of this. His behaviour this season has been nothing short of shameful. There are plenty of bigots in Scotland who hate Lennon because he's a catholic from Ulster. There are plenty more like me, non-bigotted generally reasonable guys who think he is a poison in Scottish football and that someone needs to reign him in. Unfortunately the Celtic board have been feeding into his general paranoia and indulging him.

People need to ask why Martin O'Neill, an Ulster Catholic who managed Celtic never received this sort of treatment.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Pretty horrendous stuff at Tynie last night. Neil Lennon deserves a great deal of public opprobrium for the way he has conducted himself this season. His actions more or less singlehandedly led to a referee's strike in November. He regularly hurls a torrent abuse at referees and opposing players in games (see any game v the Huns, game against Hearts in November & Dundee United in October), he started a square go with McCoist in March. He insinuated that Hearts lay down to Rangers at the weekend and Motherwell before that. He gestured to the Rangers fans at the last game at Ibrox. The list is endless.

None of this excuses him receiving death threats, parcel/nail bombs, or a punch in the face from a so-called "fan" of a team I support. All of that is abhorrent.

However, Lennon is not an innocent in all of this. His behaviour this season has been nothing short of shameful. There are plenty of bigots in Scotland who hate Lennon because he's a catholic from Ulster. There are plenty more like me, non-bigotted generally reasonable guys who think he is a poison in Scottish football and that someone needs to reign him in. Unfortunately the Celtic board have been feeding into his general paranoia and indulging him.

People need to ask why Martin O'Neill, an Ulster Catholic who managed Celtic never received this sort of treatment.
Because o'neill is an intelligent , dignified bloke? off topic but i'd much rather he was england's next manager than redknapp.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
article-1386132-0BC2000700000578-24_634x286.jpg

He doesn't help himself though, does he.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Cant see it happening but I do think it would be best for everyone, himself included, if he resigned in a quiet, dignified manner this summer and maybe went on a long holiday and kept his head down for a bit.

It will be interesting to see how McCoist gets on as the main man at Rangers next season aswell, he seems to be generally liked in Scotland but that could change and judging by their confrontation earlier in the season, if Lennon was still in charge at Celtic it could get even more messy!

Paddy Finucane

WW2 Hero
Jul 26, 2004
Redhill
:thumbsup:Totally agree Jambo - the man is a tramp and compared to someone like Walter Smith its chalk and cheese.... I remember him at the Withdean with Forest giving it the big I am - in my opinion you couldn't hit him hard enough!!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

LOL, that HAS to be the worst dive I have ever seen.

The bloke gives him the tiniest of slaps on the way past. he starts to chase him, then thinks better of it and falls over and plays dead. Pathetic.

Not that that in any way excuses the Celtic fan in question, who's clearly a complete twat who should not be allowed in a football stadium ever again.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
LOL, that HAS to be the worst dive I have ever seen.

The bloke gives him the tiniest of slaps on the way past. he starts to chase him, then thinks better of it and falls over and plays dead. Pathetic.

Not that that in any way excuses the Celtic fan in questions, who's clearly a complete twat who should not be allowed in a football stadium ever again.
Was Audley Harrison in goal for AC Milan that night ?

shaun the brummie

Jun 4, 2011
we english have had to put up with the anti english brigade for years,and it gives me no small satisfaction to see them beg and try to finagle there way into english football.now they're saying its not being anti english its football banter.....bollocks.i read the celtic and scottish football websites,and they are ANTI ENGLISH.anyhow i would like to thank them for the laughs they've given me when in europe.......coming to england...think again..looks like celtic will have a new owner soon when peter lawell sees there is no chance of celtic joining english football..so instead of lying to the english and THEMSELVES get back to singing your pro ira songs....we can't hear you with the tills ringing and the money jingling....remember your team is getting worse by the season(rangers also)and soon you'll be a shadow of your former selves.stuck in a little rubbish league no one watches and what no one wants to be in....so you're destined to stagnate,wither and die....ENGLAND FOREVER BRITAIN NEVER

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
we english have had to put up with the anti english brigade for years,and it gives me no small satisfaction to see them beg and try to finagle there way into english football.now they're saying its not being anti english its football banter.....bollocks.i read the celtic and scottish football websites,and they are ANTI ENGLISH.anyhow i would like to thank them for the laughs they've given me when in europe.......coming to england...think again..looks like celtic will have a new owner soon when peter lawell sees there is no chance of celtic joining english football..so instead of lying to the english and THEMSELVES get back to singing your pro ira songs....we can't hear you with the tills ringing and the money jingling....remember your team is getting worse by the season(rangers also)and soon you'll be a shadow of your former selves.stuck in a little rubbish league no one watches and what no one wants to be in....so you're destined to stagnate,wither and die....ENGLAND FOREVER BRITAIN NEVER
great first post?! you twat

now f*** off

shaun the brummie

Jun 4, 2011
driller..at least you pub bombing terrorist loving gypos know what we english think of your manky club....stay in shitland where your team will stagnate,wither and die.......ENGLAND FOREVER BRITAIN NEVER......how dumb are paddies 'dey send send 'de fucker a nail bomb....and they sent it to neil instead.....and one more thing tell your mates to get their caravans of the school playground as the wee 'uns are scared if the dogs......McTosser...

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
driller..at least you pub bombing terrorist loving gypos know what we english think of your manky club....stay in shitland where your team will stagnate,wither and die.......ENGLAND FOREVER BRITAIN NEVER......how dumb are paddies 'dey send send 'de fucker a nail bomb....and they sent it to neil instead.....and one more thing tell your mates to get their caravans of the school playground as the wee 'uns are scared if the dogs......McTosser...

You need a weekend away in the Highlands. Can I suggest a trip to Argyllshire to the Cowal Peninsula, then up to Loch Fyne and Inverary. Very pleasant and very welcoming. Might calm you dwn a bit...?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

A xenophobic moron ranting over other xenophobic morons.

Someone teach this plonker the concept of irony...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here