Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro's Tweet

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
"So its another summer of uncertainty, #hatethistimeofyear."

Contract not renewed then?

Shame, he's been excellent for us throughout his time at the club and I feel he deserves another year.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
suspect he has been told to look for a club but if he hasn't got himself sorted by the end of the summer break he can come back to us to train and discuss options. Gives us time to look for better and gives him a fallback............not ide3al but in footballing contract terms not unfair

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As I posted on the other thread:

I can only guess that he's been told he will only get offered a new deal, if we fail to sign someone that Gus has his eye on already as a better quality replacement. Therefore leaving Navarro hanging on till the deal is or isn't completed? Would be a shitty way for Navarro to be treated but can't imagine why else he has to wait all summer

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am firmly in the camp that says Navs has done enough to warrant a new contract. I hope he gets it.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Pretty pissed off if he's going to go and we have to put up with Dicker, no offence but he's been gash since his return and Navs has been pretty good for the majority of the season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He has done well for us and got better as the season has gone on but I can understand him being released as we've got a few similar kind of players and I think Gus will be looking to bring in faster and stronger centre midfielders.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sounds like he has been invited back to prove himself again, doesn't it? If I was him I'd say thanks but no thanks and find a club who would offer me a long term deal even if that meant dropping down a Division, must be horrible not knowing what if all Summer.

A bit harder when your family is settled in the area though I expect.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pretty pissed off if he's going to go and we have to put up with Dicker, no offence but he's been gash since his return and Navs has been pretty good for the majority of the season.

Got to agree.

Think its been posted, but i think Gus might have his eye on someone else and will try and get them first, but if that doesnt happen, then Navs will get a new contract.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Thanks, saved me typing that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nobody knows quite what that tweet means. It could mean that he HAS been offered a new deal, but not on the terms he was hoping for, thus he's UNCERTAIN of what to do next.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Was also Gash before his return, before someone pipes up about him being out for a long time.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm not sure about this, I'd imagine if we only offer him a summer to prove himself (why?) or three months he'll have good offers from elsewhere. He has proved himself IMO by being selected for a lot of games this season just gone. So I can't see why he's seemingly in limbo - if I were Gus I would either give him a contract or say he's not getting one because I want a better class of player. Asking him to prove himself, if that's what's happening, is a bit patronising IMO as he's surely done just that.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I totally disagree. He has been at best "ok", and we have too many "oks" and too few outstanding players.

We need a good clear-out like Posh.

Yes he was no better than "OK" whilst running the game vs Villa 2 years ago :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here