National Service

National Servoce for todays CHAVS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most definately. Forget ASBO's, put the little fuckers in the army with a big nasty Corporal of a D.I. to look after them.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Blatantly!

they wuold learn a skill and you can guarantee there would be less trouble on the streets if there was national service. plus more cannon fodder if we had to have a proper war!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Every day I become more and more convinced that this would be a good idea. However, I think it would be hard to make it a chavs-only thing. I certainly wouldn't want to do it!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Not many kids would want to do it but i bet if you asked those kids after 2 years of being in the army, navy, RAF etc if they were glad they did it i reckon a high percentage would say yes and many would stay on i'm sure.

The services totally sets you up for life! Also they'd get to see alot of the world most kids couldn't afford or have the inclination to go to.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would happily have done National Service. the only arguement against is that our armed forces are the best because they are 100% volunteer and so committed to the profession, and NS would undermine this. but i dont see why NS recruits cant be restricted to barracks with the option for volunteers who want wish to go the full nine yards. the country is lacking concepts of respect and disipline and NS can only improve the situation.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Yep - teach em discipline and respect....two of my favourite things!

How cool you can see who voted what!!

also teach them how to kill and be 'proper' hard, not good for when they return to society ..

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
No it would teach them respect. Are you saving that all the 70 + year olds that walk the street today are hard killers?

If they can't live a normal life and treat people with respect then they should be taught it.

Participation in military service increases the likelihood of developing a criminal record in adulthood. :)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm on the fence on this one, on one hand it's a good idea for reasons allready stated but on the other hand would you want your own son forced into the army and sent to diferent parts of the world to be shot at?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Would it no be cheaper to nail one of their feet to the floor?

Personally that's my favourite punishment for anti social offenders, they should be given house arrest punishment ..

It keeps them out of society and costs the state nothing, though tagging is more humane than nailing them to the floor ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here