Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Service

National Servoce for todays CHAVS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I prefer the better system of the armed forces just picking up, the drunks, lossers, wasters etc in town and dragging them into service. No one cared about them, so making good cannon fodder. Our streets up night would be safer cleaner and the yoof would not rule the drinking strips.

Economically National Service is too expensive to operate and produces poor quality military personnel.

Need to keep the services professional and of quality apart from those Marine wasters pratting about in that dingy off Iran.

LC

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nice idea but the forces don't want idiots, the roles in all three services are far too techincal for a Chav.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nice idea but the forces don't want idiots, the roles in all three services are far too techincal for a Chav.
That's what I've always been led to believe too: much as it appeals to the many weird hanger and floggers out there, the forces don't actually want society's rejects just dumped on them. Can't blame them.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Participation in military service increases the likelihood of developing a criminal record in adulthood. :)

well i havent got a criminial record and i did 19 years in the RN :angel: i joined up before adulthood btw (16 1/2)

Jul 20, 2003
Participation in military service increases the likelihood of developing a criminal record in adulthood. :)

and homelessness and drug abuse

much of a muchness really but at theast they're largely out of the loop for a year or two

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
National service is the way to go and not just for Chavs. Anyone who is out of work for 3 years should be made to do national service or if they choose not to then they do not get any benefits anymore.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I agree with the reasons already mentioend for doing it, but on the other hand we have the most professional and admired fighting forces in the world.

Bring back National Service and you willl have people in uniform who don't want to be there but are ther because they have to be!

I would set up a boot camp for chavs for the discipline, break them mentally then rebuild them!!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I agree with the reasons already mentioend for doing it, but on the other hand we have the most professional and admired fighting forces in the world.

Bring back National Service and you willl have people in uniform who don't want to be there but are ther because they have to be!

I would set up a boot camp for chavs for the discipline, break them mentally then rebuild them!!!

National service does not mean they he to fight, They can do catering corp or mechanics or something like that.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Does that make you 70+ :eek:

Nah, for the French Army

Even after telling them that I was in full time education, asthmatic (sp), flat footed & in the UK.....they called me up again 2 yrs later to do 1 days national service in Paris........as I still couldn't do it, I was subsequently banned staying in France for a period longer than 3 months at a time, until this May :shrug:

Saying that, they do have some good postings for NS, Martinique, French polynesia.......Traffic warden :athumb:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Nah, for the French Army

134526.jpg

which one is you then?

:afro:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That's what I've always been led to believe too: much as it appeals to the many weird hanger and floggers out there, the forces don't actually want society's rejects just dumped on them. Can't blame them.

Unfortunately this is not true anymore. The Armed Forces esp Army are continually being critisised for attempting to recruit from underpriviledged areas trying to get poorly educated teenagers to join. The Welsh assembly recently tried to get the Army banned from coming into schools in poorer parts of the country because they were deliberatly targeting poorly performing pupils.

the Army are even having trouble recruiting these types as many poorer areas are undergoing regeneration and there is plenty of unskilled and semi skilled work on building sites where they can go home with a lot more money than if they joined up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here