Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
McGhee's misery all merges into one bad memory as far as I'm concerned.

The misery of our highest season's finish for 17 years, the misery of Virgo's goal against Swindon, the misery of beating Palace at Selhurst, the misery of victories against tin pot clubs such as Forest, Leeds and West Ham, whilst on a player budget one tenth of theirs.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I've just seen the footage on Seagulls world of MA having a pop at Jones :lolol:

Quality stuff by MA :bowdown:

For anyone who wants to see it, it's actually a free clip on the homepage...which is nice!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
whatta , welsh sheepshagging ****!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Jones was a disgrace, however I do hope that the lad that got sent off is sent back to Preston as well.

You can't judge based on one performence. Especially playing with the liked of Virgo and Cox, and then Fraser!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Jones was a disgrace, however I do hope that the lad that got sent off is sent back to Preston as well.

I don't see why? I thought he showed flashes of what he can do yesterday, especially in the second half. You also have to bear in mind he has only been with the team for a few days.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I don't see why? I thought he showed flashes of what he can do yesterday, especially in the second half. You also have to bear in mind he has only been with the team for a few days.

I didn't think he looked fit, but a couple of things he did I thought he was alright.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Did not take anyone on, when he did attempt to the cross the ball he managed to kick it about 4 yards in front of himself into touch. He offered nothing more than our own sub standard reserves, he now misses the next game, so no real point in keeping him.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Did not take anyone on, when he did attempt to the cross the ball he managed to kick it about 4 yards in front of himself into touch. He offered nothing more than our own sub standard reserves, he now misses the next game, so no real point in keeping him.

Your last point about missing the next game is a valid one.

However I still feel he has something to offer the team. Based on his second half (until the sending off) he looked better than Cox and Robinson at least.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
He did not look any better than some of the dross clogging up the squad, so why pay him?

Because he has pace, he seemed willing to get stuck in and with our 'sicknote' squad we could do with the cover.

Not to mention the fact that you can't write someone off after just 60 minutes or so in a team. Especially when that person hasn't even been with the squad for a week!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Because he has pace, he seemed willing to get stuck in and with our 'sicknote' squad we could do with the cover.

Not to mention the fact that you can't write someone off after just 60 minutes or so in a team. Especially when that person hasn't even been with the squad for a week!

The trouble is, like Robinson he did not really use that pace to effect and like Robinson he did not take the full back on, so there is really no point in using wages up on the player.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He told him he thought he was bigger that that-also, told him he went down clutching his face and the challenge was nowhere near him.

Think the Welsh twat might get a warm welcome at Withdean.

good when he played for us but then went back to being Welsh

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm not surprised by Jones, he's as arrogant a sh*t on the pitch as he is off it and always has been.

Before he joined us, he was at Southend and I remember him getting sent off against for it was either an elbow or a really bad foul.

He was petulant when he played for us and has wound up the albion fans on numerous occasions since he left us.

When he did play for us, he was only ever any good in the first half of his first season and was sh*t for the rest of his career with us...

Albion legend? My arse!!! Arrogant little welsh gayer!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Jonesy used to be one of my favourite players, I even had Jones 15 on the back of my shirt, but after yesterdays antics I would not piss on the little twat if he was on fire.

I have got a good mind to drive back up there again tommorow wait outside his house and boo him as he walks down the drive!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here