Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I thought the mike caught something as I hard Adams saying to Hawesy " there he is ".

...yes, he did. And then he stopped the interview and said

"I thought you were bigger than that"

Followed by:

"I watched the DVD, you've gone down clutching your face and he didn't even touch you"

And then it faded out.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
...yes, he did. And then he stopped the interview and said

"I thought you were bigger than that"

Followed by:

"I watched the DVD, you've gone down clutching your face and he didn't even touch you"

And then it faded out.

Jones' response inbetween the comments above were:
"whaddya mean!?..." and he was about to carry on talking before Micky cut him off with the second comment above. Class!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adams tackles Jones over red card (From The Argus)

Micky Adams was involved in an angry post-match confrontation with his former player Nathan Jones after Albion were held to a 1-1 draw at Yeovil today.

Adams was delivering his post-match verdict to the media following a stormy second half in which Seagulls debutant Joe Anyinsah was sent off following two challenges on Jones.

The Seagulls boss broke off from his interview near the dugouts when Jones went past on his way to the changing room following a warm down.

Adams, who had already watched replays of the two yellow-card incidents, told the Yeovil left back: "Jonesy, I've just it seen it, mate.

"I thought you were bigger than that, mate.

"You go down clutching your face, he didn't even touch your face."

Jones protested his innocence before returning to the sanctuary of the changing room.

Adams then told reporters: "The first one Nathan Jones goes down clutching his face and quite clearly he caught him on his back.

"He got a man sent-off and myself, knowing Jonesy, I'm disappointed with that."

Nicky Forster fired the ten men ahead from the spot before Darren Way saved a point for the hosts.

Adams felt the draw, which extends Albion's unbeaten away record, was a missed opportunity.

Praising his side's defensive work, he said: "We got our noses in front and I couldn't really see them scoring."

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The match was on DVD??

All the games are recorded on the 40 note funded video (DVD) system since the start of last season, so the manager can check back on things straight away

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
He really is an utter utter little shit. I hate him.

That said, they were both bad tackles and the lad deserved to go

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just got back from the game - it's a long time since I've used the W word so liberally. Jones deserved it though - deliberately getting a player sent off is cheating of the highest order. It's not as if Anyinsah even acted maliciously. After the sending off a couple of Albion players got really wound up - especially Whing, who confronted Jones and gave him a torrent of abuse (for which he got booked). A few minutes later Murray deliberately checked him on the edge of our area, and got himself booked for it - however, a very worthwhile yellow card as far I'm concerned.

To cap it all, Jones had the nerve to come over to the away fans at the end to applaud us. The guy is a complete and utter joke, and if he plays at Withdean later this season I hope we abuse him constantly for the whole game.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
He really is an utter utter little shit. I hate him.

That said, they were both bad tackles and the lad deserved to go

Different game to what I was watching then. Both very harsh Yellows. Jones going down like he did holding his face was a complete disgrace. Players like that should be banned.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If he did it then he is indeed a wanker. But what should we do when one of our players (and I can think of a few that this applies to) react in exactly the same GIRLIE manner?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He does seem to have turned into one (bearing in mind today and his antics in our last game against Yeovil).

Nothing has changed since last year.His performance today should see him expunged from the Albion's history.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was facing the incident and indeed Jones went down clutching his face without any contact...he cheated, however he earn't his team a point in doing so, so I suppose it was a job well done on his part. The linesman was equally to blame as he should have seen what really happened as he was no more than 10 yards away. Poor effort, Jones is a cheat and no friend of our team.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Complete and utter nob.

Despite being booed all the way through the second half, and called every name under the sun, he had the CHEEK to sarcastically applaud us at the end. I'm pleased Whingy told him where to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here