Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Clyne

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They talk about 2-3m but I can't see where that figure comes from to be honest. Tribunals drastically undervalue players. Probably around about 1m I would say.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
not being rude mate, but CMS is a very good player he defo underperformed last season but he's still worth the money spent, look at the clubs that went in for him.
??? I'm not sure I totally agree with that but it will be a tough season for him all the same .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Anyway back to the question in hand.

Surely if a player is out of contract he is a free agent and the only value would be to the players pocket. I'm sure I'm wrong and look forward to being corrected.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Surely if a player is out of contract he is a free agent and the only value would be to the players pocket. I'm sure I'm wrong and look forward to being corrected.

due to his age Palace get some money, what would happen though if he didnt sign for any other club

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Nearly right , he will line his and his agents pocket that's for sure . As he is under 24 and we have offered him an improved contract we will be entitled to compensation . We won't get anything near his worth but anything around £1 m will be handy , it's the way football is nowadays .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
due to his age Palace get some money, what would happen though if he didnt sign for any other club
He wouldn't play and we wouldnt get any compo . As a side issue if he moved abroad we would get SFA !

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
He wouldn't play and we wouldn't get any compo .

I hope he dont pick a team like United, he has potential to be a top player and he is prem class, he needs to join Mid table lower league prem side to build his potential up even more, think going to a team like United or any top 6 side could hamper his progress, seen it happen to a number of players that join them.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I hope he dont pick a team like United, he has potential to be a top player and he is prem class, he needs to join Mid table lower league prem side to build his potential up even more, think going to a team like United or any top 6 side could hamper his progress, seen it happen to a number of players that join them.

Funnily enough, i thought that when Utd bought Nick Powell - i'm surprised he didn't progress up to a mid-championship club first then make the prem step. Still, i suppose those opportunities don't come along all the time so they need to be grabbed.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He deserves his chance at premier league level , I think he is ready and certainly good enough . All the promoted clubs will be interested in him for sure .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Nearly right , he will line his and his agents pocket that's for sure . As he is under 24 and we have offered him an improved contract we will be entitled to compensation . We won't get anything near his worth but anything around £1 m will be handy , it's the way football is nowadays .
Thanks makes it clearer. So basically he is happy to shaft the Palace and be in a position to line his and his agents pocket. I think that's wrong as Palace have spent money in his developement / career, that said I'm sure all clubs have benefited the other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here