Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yup, could well be the case. Perhaps there can be some agreement to terminate his contract once the window closes.

I've seen 60+ games with Moder in a Brighton shirt and feel its more than enough - bye bye to him.
You've done better than the rest of us considering he hasn't played 60+ games for us.

I would suggest of his 57 games you have not seen one live!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Using my eyes I’m not sure Moder is really up to the required level for a top 10 premier league team

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Well that's utter bollocks as normal. Moder has played 64 games for us. We won 23, drawn 19 and lost 22. Seems like a bang average mid-table record to me.

It's actually a lot better than bang average, wouldn't you agree @Han Solo?

Sorry, my bad. Should have clarified that winning against AFC Muppingham in the Cabbage Cup has no real impact on whether I think Moder is a good PL player or not.

In the league, we're talking a win percentage of 29% (17 wins out of 57).

Moder started 6 games in the league last season. We scored 1 goal (and two own goals).

Moder started 20 games in 2021/22. We scored 14 goals in those.

Moder started 7 games in 20/21. We scored 8 goals.

Aside from the odd win/team performance here and there, Brighton has never been functional with Moder in the team.

The way people talk about him is like its some kind of 20-year-old super talent just waiting to get the chance to score a bunch of goals. Its quite beyond me why people can't see what I've seen and what CLEARLY Hurzeler has seen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At the time he got injured and when he got back in the team you could say the same about most Albion players in fairness. Barn door Billys in both cases. Harsh to single Moder out when the forwards were also misfiring.
Not really, he’s been like that since joining, but really he was/is a faster Lallana without the skill level

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not really, he’s been like that since joining, but really he was/is a faster Lallana without the skill level
Have a look at Albion’s midfield goal scorers at the time he was in the team, none including Gross scored many. 1 if any seems to be the total of most over a season pre injury.

I may be alone here but I’d like to see him get a run of games under FH

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
At the time he got injured and when he got back in the team you could say the same about most Albion players in fairness. Barn door Billys in both cases. Harsh to single Moder out when the forwards were also misfiring.
Potter gave Moder more than enough chances and he didn't take them. Maybe - probably - things would have developed better for him without that injury. But the injury happened and he doesn't have the level of skill to compensate for the lost time.

He was a poor PL player with the potential to become a good one when he got injured. Now he's a poor PL player, 25 and unlikely to bypass the level of "ok". He has no future with us and probably not in the Premier Leauge either.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Potter gave Moder more than enough chances and he didn't take them. Maybe - probably - things would have developed better for him without that injury. But the injury happened and he doesn't have the level of skill to compensate for the lost time.

He was a poor PL player with the potential to become a good one when he got injured. Now he's a poor PL player, 25 and unlikely to bypass the level of "ok". He has no future with us and probably not in the Premier Leauge either.
See my post above yours

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Have a look at Albion’s midfield goal scorers at the time he was in the team, none including Gross scored many. 1 if any seems to be the total of most over a season pre injury.

I may be alone here but I’d like to see him get a run of games under FH
Bit unfair though giving the playing style was being changed under Potter.
You can only judge what’s in front of you and he seemed to miss relatively straightforward chances IMO. Simply don’t rate him.
As for Gross was that the time he was injured?

Would you have him over Buononotte?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Bit unfair though giving the playing style was being changed under Potter.
You can only judge what’s in front of you and he seemed to miss relatively straightforward chances IMO. Simply don’t rate him.
As for Gross was that the time he was injured?

Would you have him over Buononotte?
No, I have man love for Facundo :lolol:

How is it unfair to compare Moder‘s scoring record when the playing style was being changed under Potter, most of the midfielders were Barn Door Billy’s ? His shots looked better than most imo, some very narrow misses and very few rugby conversions that many of them came up with!

Sadly I fear I’ll not have the opportunity to say “told you so”!

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, I have man love for Facundo :lolol:

How is it unfair to compare Moder‘s scoring record when the playing style was being changed under Potter, most of the midfielders were Barn Door Billy’s ? His shots looked better than most imo, some very narrow misses and very few rugby conversions that Bissouma came up with!

Sadly I fear I’ll not have the opportunity to say “told you so”!
Narrow misses 😂😂😂👌

Is that similar to Ashley Barnes penalties not counting as real goals?

I sensed that re Buononotte, and would definitely agree, some distance ahead of Moder (and O’Riley if we sign him).

Edit - amended for you 😉

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Reminder to Moder and WBG - don't score or play a blinder against England at Wembley or you'll be out on your ear at Brighton! :(
Or conversely, Just remember to turn up for your club side as well as your national one…… (unfair on WBG he was okay)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here