Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Chripper

Sep 6, 2022
Goals are not everything. People see Scott McTominay as a £30m-£40m player because he scores a bit of goals. But Manchester United are struggling to sell him, because the player is literally afraid of the ball. There was a game last season where Scott played 90 minutes and made 8 passes. Thats more interesting to clubs than McTominay scoring a few goals because opponents can't be arsed to bother about him until its too late.

McTominay is literally afraid of the ball? Which game did he have 8 passes? I'm interested.

I'm a Manchester United and Scotland fan. Scott McTominay has been mismanaged by Mourinho, Rangnick, Ole and initially by ten Hag.

It's taken ten Hag a while but he's finally discovered where McTominay's best position is. He's not a number 6 or a number 8. He's a number 10.

McTominay's strength is his off the ball movement and the fact that he comes alive in the box.

If a football fan thinks that a player can play 250+ matches for Manchester United and be "literally scared of the ball" then they're a screwball.

Actually, it was Steve Clarke who discovered Scott's best position.

Being 5th top scorer in the European Championship qualifiers (2nd If you take out penalties) whilst being "afraid of the ball" is quite an achievement.

Scott and Billy are different players. Scott can do things that Billy can't do, Billy can do things that Scott can't do.

As a Scotland fan I feel lucky that we have both of them.

I would love to see both link up at Manchester United.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I am quite surprised that no other PL teams are in for WBG given the apparently low asking price. Tidy PL player. One of our better players when last season went pear shaped imo.
With respect best player in a team that won naff all games at the end. It wasn't like he had any competition was it or you put me right !
Edit: Sorry Flounce but i 'm not a Billy fan as a Prem footballer fan. Chelsea were not wrong.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
McTominay is literally afraid of the ball? Which game did he have 8 passes? I'm interested.

I'm a Manchester United and Scotland fan. Scott McTominay has been mismanaged by Mourinho, Rangnick, Ole and initially by ten Hag.

It's taken ten Hag a while but he's finally discovered where McTominay's best position is. He's not a number 6 or a number 8. He's a number 10.

McTominay's strength is his off the ball movement and the fact that he comes alive in the box.

If a football fan thinks that a player can play 250+ matches for Manchester United and be "literally scared of the ball" then they're a screwball.

Actually, it was Steve Clarke who discovered Scott's best position.

Being 5th top scorer in the European Championship qualifiers (2nd If you take out penalties) whilst being "afraid of the ball" is quite an achievement.

Scott and Billy are different players. Scott can do things that Billy can't do, Billy can do things that Scott can't do.

As a Scotland fan I feel lucky that we have both of them.

I would love to see both link up at Manchester United.
Agree with this. McTominay unfairly criticised as he doesn't fit the mould of the usual Man Utd attacking midfielder. A very decent player and tricky opponent.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sad if he goes but understand it tactically. It has to be £20m plus though and close to any Mctominay fee especially if Clark from Liverpool is being valued at £12m. Gilmour is at least double his price.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Losing billy and gross and hearing that moder and dahoud don’t figure in FHs plans makes me think we are very very weak in mf.
Would you think we are very very strong in midfield if FH had said "Moder and Dahoud are my starting midfielders next season"?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would you think we are very very strong in midfield if FH had said "Moder and Dahoud are my starting midfielders next season"?
Unfortunately we're probably stuck with Dahoud. Would like to have seen more of Moder before binning him off though.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Unfortunately we're probably stuck with Dahoud. Would like to have seen more of Moder before binning him off though.
Yup, could well be the case. Perhaps there can be some agreement to terminate his contract once the window closes.

I've seen 60+ games with Moder in a Brighton shirt and feel its more than enough - bye bye to him.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yup, could well be the case. Perhaps there can be some agreement to terminate his contract once the window closes.

I've seen 60+ games with Moder in a Brighton shirt and feel its more than enough - bye bye to him.
He was doing fine before that injury, under Potter. Not really had much chance of getting to grips with de Zerbi ball - 17 games, but how many of those were starts? - not many, I suspect. Thought he might have suited Hurzeler-ball better, but looks like we'll never find out.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He was doing fine before that injury, under Potter. Not really had much chance of getting to grips with de Zerbi ball - 17 games, but how many of those were starts? - not many, I suspect. Thought he might have suited Hurzeler-ball better, but looks like we'll never find out.
Fine doing what? Overall rule under Potter and De Zerbi is that if Moder is on the pitch, we're not winning. Or even scoring.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Fine doing what? Overall rule under Potter and De Zerbi is that if Moder is on the pitch, we're not winning. Or even scoring.

Well that's utter bollocks as normal. Moder has played 64 games for us. We won 23, drawn 19 and lost 22. Seems like a bang average mid-table record to me.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well that's utter bollocks as normal. Moder has played 64 games for us. We won 23, drawn 19 and lost 22. Seems like a bang average mid-table record to me.

Ever since he arrived we've been better without him on the pitch, as these stats show.

1000013961.png

He is a Jonah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here