Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nani, Gomes and THAT Goal

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Look at it the other way. We had a thread not so long ago about the time that George Parris did what Nani did. I don't recall a single poster on that thread complain that what Parris did was unsporting. Nor do I recall anyone complain when Kit Napier did it against Chesterfield - in fact, I recall us all laughing our socks off about at school and apeing it in our playground games.

To talk about sporting behaviour is hypocritical in the extreme. If a Brighton player did what Nani did, NSC would be full of people saying fair play to him/play to the whistle.

I know that Spurs supporters are getting their knickers in the twist about this but if Peter Crouch had slotted it in at WHL in similar circumstances we wouldn't hear a peep out of them,

The simple fact is that the ref didn't give a foul, didn't blow his whistle and the Spurs keeper was a dickhead. Gomes is 100% to blame and, much as it's 'Arry's favourite ploy, it's nonsense to try to pass the buck elsewhere.

I think I am aware of what the simple facts are, Oh and thanks for giving us all a history lesson :lolol::lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
For the THIRD time...

Graham Poll stated you can only wave play on if NO offence has been committed. Either Clattenburg acknowledged the handball then waved play on - wrong decision. Or he somehow missed the handball yet when prompted by the linesman did not disallow the goal - wrong decision.

It's noble that you don't want to see the ref getting all the blame, he doesnt deserve it. He was however, in the wrong.

Is the right answer.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
For the THIRD time...

Graham Poll stated you can only wave play on if NO offence has been committed. Either Clattenburg acknowledged the handball then waved play on - wrong decision. Or he somehow missed the handball yet when prompted by the linesman did not disallow the goal - wrong decision.

It's noble that you don't want to see the ref getting all the blame, he doesnt deserve it. He was however, in the wrong.

That's clearly bollocks. Not really a shock from Graham Poll.
Is he splitting hairs between "waving play on" and "giving the advantage"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here