Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name your Local

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Which is why me and my lady don't frequent it very often. Imagine if t could be quite fun for a big footie game with a big crowd.

Having been in there for a couple of matches you imagine wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dunno said:
the Orange Square in Haywards Heath. Actually bearing in mind the regulars in there, perhaps I should make myself look OLDER.
That place is PATHETIC.
I always remember the last World Cup, when one lunchtime they had the tiny telly over the bar showing an Ireland game, and a fully tuned-in 42'' plasma hanging on the wall showing the MENU (even though the menu was also on the various tables in traditional card format). I politely asked the bloke behind the bar to put the football on the big screen, and he looked at me like I'd just waved a steaming great turd under his nose.
"The plasma is to show the menu"
"Yeah, but the menu is out on all the tables anway"
"We only show the menu on the big screen at lunchtime"

So I f***ed off up the Star instead.
(oh, my local is the Kings Head, Fishersgate btw).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Mermaid, 10 minute walk along the sea front from home, beer garden on the road but a stones throw from the sea, and serves Harveys

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
closest to me is Cricketers at SCCC, but regular Conqueror or Coopers Cask

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Pub With No Name is at the end of my road and serves Harveys when it feels like it.

Last two visits it's been a bit smokey, though, so the Barca/Milan game was watched in the Constant Service, a REAL Harveys pub.

Rather spoilt for choice in Hanover......

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Billy the Fish said:
the railway in burgess Hill will always be my local.

Good grief man, that's an AWFUL pub!

When my mates used to go there regularly, I've been known to pop to the Top House for a beer and walk back down with it. Better beer and quicker than trying to get served in the Railway (unless service has improved)!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Tophouse was the place to be in my day, not sure what it is like now. The Railway was always a bit of a shit hole.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
sully said:
Good grief man, that's an AWFUL pub!

When my mates used to go there regularly, I've been known to pop to the Top House for a beer and walk back down with it. Better beer and quicker than trying to get served in the Railway (unless service has improved)!
It's much nicer inside since the refit about a year ago, i've never had a problem with the service. To be honest I preferred the old railway, at least when it was a bit of a dive all the crazy hair student types were scared to go in there and went out in Haywards heath instead.
The sandard of service in the top house is now shocking, the landlady is the most miserable human being i've ever had the misfortune to meet. and she can't get the staffing levels right so on a sunday food now takes and hour to put in the microwave.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The Cat in West Hoathly is a good 3 minutes walk from home, but the new landlord and owner has decided to open about 5 minutes a day! Its now closed all day Monday, then opens 12-2.30 and 6-11 all other days(10.30 on a Sunday). So no longer able to go for a Sunday roast then spending the next few hours sampling tasty ales!

All kids barred until a new beer patio opened, great idea for a Village pub!

The Intrepd Fox is about a 15 minute walk away, but only been there 3 or 4 times.

Most used pubs are the Duke of Wellington and the Evening Star both near Brighton station.

When I lived in Hove my nearest pub was either the Nevill or the Stadium, but I drank in the Hove Park Tavern.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Billy the Fish said:
It's much nicer inside since the refit about a year ago, i've never had a problem with the service. To be honest I preferred the old railway, at least when it was a bit of a dive all the crazy hair student types were scared to go in there and went out in Haywards heath instead.
The sandard of service in the top house is now shocking, the landlady is the most miserable human being i've ever had the misfortune to meet. and she can't get the staffing levels right so on a sunday food now takes and hour to put in the microwave.

.... and sometimes I wonder why I no longer live in Burgess Hill ...

D

Deleted User X18H

Mr Blobby said:
The Cat in West Hoathly is a good 3 minutes walk from home, but the new landlord and owner has decided to open about 5 minutes a day! Its now closed all day Monday, then opens 12-2.30 and 6-11 all other days(10.30 on a Sunday). So no longer able to go for a Sunday roast then spending the next few hours sampling tasty ales!

The Intrepd Fox is about a 15 minute walk away, but only been there 3 or 4 times.

Most used pubs are the Duke of Wellington and the Evening Star both near Brighton station.

When I lived in Hove my nearest pub was either the Nevill or the Stadium, but I drank in the Hove Park Tavern.
Most Payless lunch times I seem to remember.........................

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've been back home in Burgess for a year and a half. In that time I have not gone in one pub and have been into town twice. Tis poo.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Mr Blobby said:

I'd move somewhere where there is more pubs.

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here