Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nahki Wells

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wells playing and scoring again... nice... time for a bid IMHO.,..

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Need to look at premiership strikers as that is where we will be next season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Need to look at premiership strikers as that is where we will be next season.

We need to get there first... you are getting ahead of yourself...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Nahki Wells hasn't set the heather on fire this season with 3 in 16 and I think I read that HTFC fans would bite the hand off anyone offering a decent wad. £8m quoted - no way !

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Similar profile to Baldock. Prolific at a lower level, but short of top class in championship. We should look elsewhere.

Many would argue that a more prolific version of Baldock is exactly what the team needs. Wells scored 17 in the Championship last season, that's not a bad return from a striker and especially one who was playing in a struggling team.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Many would argue that a more prolific version of Baldock is exactly what the team needs. Wells scored 17 in the Championship last season, that's not a bad return from a striker and especially one who was playing in a struggling team.

Well said...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Think back to Chris O'Grade who scored 15 gls for a struggling Barnsley side. Look at how he fared, not great was it

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Think back to Chris O'Grade who scored 15 gls for a struggling Barnsley side. Look at how he fared, not great was it

No comparison... COG was and is a plodder... Wells has a touch of class about him and, most importantly for us, can finish...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

So did Hemed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No from me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would not be happy if our marquee signing was Nakhi Wells. At the price being touted about I would expect better and in fact would sooner go for Jordan Rhodes than Wells.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:facepalm:

I'm beginning to think Roger Marti might be tough (too expensive) to pries away from top of the table Lavante, so instead have turned my attentions to:-

José Luis Moreno Barroso, commonly known as Joselu.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

COG had one good season at Barnsley where he scored 15 goals but he's never been a natural goal scorer. Other than a purple patch at Rochdale, each one before that has seen him score a handful of goals and he certainly wasn't the type of player that could arrive at a club and be a replacement for a player like Ulloa. The main mistake there was people thinking he would be.

Wells is proven at Championship level. Players like Rhodes, McCormack, Austin and Gray have all done well at Championship clubs and then moved to another and continued their goal scoring exploits. Wells could easily do the same. Natural goalscorers don't lose that instinct. Whether the club does bring Wells in or another player, I have enough trust in the current recruitment team to make the right decision.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Following on from Knockaert lets maintain a Gallic theme.
With that in mind I give you:-

Lys Mousset.

20 year old Frenchie playing for The Harve, so a local lad.
Scored 14 goals, that look like this

Oh and the music on this video is definitely NSFW.

I posted this a month before he went to Bournemouth for £5m.
T'is a shame it's them as he's only had one substitute appearance and must be crying out for some game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here