Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nahki Wells

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would not be happy if our marquee signing was Nakhi Wells. At the price being touted about I would expect better and in fact would sooner go for Jordan Rhodes than Wells.

After a few days of sitting on the fence on Nakki Wells and not being sure but after a lots of deliberation and a few pints it has been playing on my mind, could he fire Brighton to the Premier league my thoughts are.

Definitely I would take the chance

Is he a great player, absolutely not but is he someone if you played him in the right position would he score goals ? - definitely

Are there lots of players better than him - 100% lots of them. Would I pay £8m _ Absolutely NO WAY _ Could he get Brighton promoted with his goals - YES I am sure he could and I have no doubts on that either.

My problem is that I am only going on players that I have seen play but I would imagine that most people are only doing the same thing. Our recruitment team have seen lots more players than I or anyone else have seen so lets go with their judgement rather than folks whose knowledge of whose available is limited. Lets trust the experts who have served us so well in the last 18 months.

I like Nakki Wells but only our management team and recruitment team know for sure if he will fit into our system.

Post script : Last time I looked at my own personal bank account . £8m eluded me

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Make of it what you will, but Experimental3-6-1 has a piece up about each teams attacking threat, essentially it boils down to the number of quality chances per game, and the number of goals per game. It shows each team and the relevant attacking players for that team.

By way of example;
Nahki Wells is on about 0.2 quality shots per game and scores 0.2 goals per game
Murray has 0.3 shots and scores 0.6 per game (suggesting he's over achieving and might tail off his goal rate a bit)
Hemed has 0.3 shots and scores 0 per game (suggesting over the season his strike will improve)
Gayle has 0.5 shots and scores 1 per game

Also shows that we aren't relying heavily on any one striker.

https://experimental361.com/2016/11/24/visualising-each-clubs-attacking-threat/

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Why would we spend millions on a player that, is no better than what we have and cant even get a regular game with Huddersfield, who were probably the worse team we have played this year. Think if we are going to buy (dont think we need anyone personally, just concentrate on keeping what we have), then we have to get someone that will improve the squad , will Wells ?, not in my opinion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So did Hemed.

Comparing Wells to Tomer is pointless. Hemed competes with Muzza... who is our competition for Sam B? Wells would be great IMHO...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Comparing Wells to Tomer is pointless. Hemed competes with Muzza... who is our competition for Sam B? Wells would be great IMHO...

Overpriced. £8M for a striker who's only scored 3 goals? I'm sure we can do better.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why would we spend millions on a player that, is no better than what we have and cant even get a regular game with Huddersfield, who were probably the worse team we have played this year. Think if we are going to buy (dont think we need anyone personally, just concentrate on keeping what we have), then we have to get someone that will improve the squad , will Wells ?, not in my opinion.

Of course he would... we have ZERO cover for Sam B... not worth £8M tho', but I guess that is just paper talk...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
8 Million !.... just think what you could pinch from la Liga for that money....!

Someone light years ahead of Wells in my opinion, if we are dropping that kind of cash on striker he has to be able to make the step up to the premier league.

Which is why i truly believe we will get a loan player from the prem in, and not throw around that sort of money on someone who we dont know will make the grade IF we go up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Overpriced. £8M for a striker who's only scored 3 goals? I'm sure we can do better.

You are assuming £8M is accurate... I'm pretty sure it isn't... and if it is, then we would (correctly) not be interested...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are assuming £8M is accurate... I'm pretty sure it isn't... and if it is, then we would (correctly) not be interested...

From the Huddersfield Examiner, dated just two days ago. I don't throw figures around just for the sake of it.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nahki-wells-speculation-what-8m-12214423

Edit to add a further newspaper article the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ospect-of-losing-nahki-wells-for-8m-in-janua/

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So paper talk, as I said...

£8m is definitely the price tag that Huddersfield have put on him. - They have actually turned down offers not far short of that in the last transfer window.

The only difference in the up and coming transfer window is that he has asked to go, since he is no longer first choice striker at the club.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think we can do better. TB and CH will hopefully have targets in mind and probably so left field their names haven't been mentioned yet

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Wells just got an assist for Huddersfield. Has made a difference coming on towards the end of the 1st half.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£8m is definitely the price tag that Huddersfield have put on him. - They have actually turned down offers not far short of that in the last transfer window.

The only difference in the up and coming transfer window is that he has asked to go, since he is no longer first choice striker at the club.

They ARE deluded...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here