Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My take on today at the PARADE

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mayo - he's a reasonably decent full back, as LONG as he's not up against a particularly FAST right winger.

That was the case today, and at times he seemed to be torn apart. True, he did come out on top on occassions, but then seemed to panic and give the ball straight back to Bradford.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My take on today at the PARADE

The Complete Badger said:
So Lynch v Mayo - who "merits" a place in the team right now?

For me - Mayo

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My take on today at the PARADE

So Lynch v Mayo - who "merits" a place in the team right now?

A difficult question that one.

:lolol: :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My take on today at the PARADE

jakes right boot said:
For me - Mayo

Do you really think that? Perhaps West Ham and Pompey should be looking at Kerry then?

???

Last edited:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My take on today at the PARADE

Zebedee said:
Do you really think that?

???

Why else would I post it?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
But that's only because of your totally irrational hatred of numerous individuals, of which Lynch and amazingly Wilkins are two. Pathetic.

eh?

Did i not point out only on the first page that Lynch SHOULD be in the team at Left Back?

Obviously, I don't mind Mayo, but we're in trouble if the opponents target him with a pacey winger (as they appeared to do today, particularly in the first half!)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My take on today at the PARADE

jakes right boot said:
Why else would I post it?

So you would prefer a player who is committed but slow and clumsy in the tackle and wayward with his passing to a player with a good first touch, a terrific tackle and bags of skill and vision who is rumoured to be being chased by Premiership sides. Incredible.

:rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Zebedee, it does sadly warrant an answer. For me, and obviously you, Lynch is simply on a different planet to someone like Mayo, and who to choose shouldn't even be an issue. It's Lynch EVERY time.

However, if JRB disagrees, fair enough. It's only an opinion, I would like to know WHY though? I'm not being critical, but I find it absolutely unbelievable that anyone could choose Mayo over Lynch for ANYTHING, let alone a place in our team!!

Quite.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mark, I KNOW you, and I know you don't like Lynch, and that you don't really have a justification for it. That's why I wasn't paying any attention to your answer!!

I don't understand the relevance of that to what I said, but never mind.

As I told you earlier, I don't dislike Lynch, I just find him VERY overrated. Doesn't mean I don't think he's the best left back we've got, but i am CERTAIN that he's not the best centre back we've got.

Most importantly, he's got pace. :thumbsup:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Withdean Wanderer said:

Most importantly, he's got pace. :thumbsup:

Yep - just what we need to compliment Whing on the right.

:smokin:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Some good posts there Badger.Someone who i can see has sense.Mayo is shit.How many times do we keep saying this.Lynch should get the left back slot

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh right, I thought you were saying Mayo should play:eek:

Fair enough.

Oh no, quite the opposite. I just began my analysis of Kerry using his name, not having read the 'Mayo or Lynch?' question you had asked a couple of posts previously. It wasn't an answer.:)

Whing Hinshelwood Butters Lynch.

If that backline could a) stay, and b) stay fit for the rest of the season, then it might not be all doom and gloom after all.:)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm beginning to WORRY someone will be taking Dean Cox off our hands come January, he is so consistently head and shoulders (in terms of his play :lolol: ) above this league, someone must have spotted it. Every time he got on the ball today Bradford were BRICKING it, his touch, vision, passing and shooting are all there, he checks all the boxes for an excellent attacking midfielder. Hopefully the fact he's only played 15 or so first team games in his career will keep him here for now.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Most wingers have pace thats why they play there.Come up with a winger with skill then you just know Mayo will be skinned time and time again.Once your past Mayo then you have beaten him.He won't catch you

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh goody, the children and their delightful insights are back.

I didn't go to today's game so I can't comment on his performance, but judging from the posts in this thread, I believe we are talking about Kerry Mayo in general terms, rather than specifically this match. We have had a similar thread over the past three days, where Munkfish made a complete arse of himself, in some cases telling downright lies about Kerry Mayo.

My point is that all of the criticisms levelled at Kerry Mayo on this board by the same individuals time and time and time and time agin hold so little water on account of the fact that all three of his defensive partners equally give the ball away, equally get skinned and - in some cases - are equally slow.

Joel Lynch may well be a better left-back (I would rather see him in the centre myself), yet what this thread has shown once again is that there is a defined policy by the Young Clique (it is always the same culprits) on NSC about Kerry Mayo which goes way beyond his footballing abilities (which are far in excess of certain individuals' abilities and considerations at loyalty and support) and turns into outright abuse.

It's quite pathetic.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here