Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My run-in with the police today

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Car gets stole, recently broken into, my office window smashed twice........give statement to some 19yr old ****, who says every tme.....we have no chance of catching the culprit but we wil put it on our data base..........wow thatns wank chops.

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
Car gets stole, recently broken into, my office window smashed twice........give statement to some 19yr old ****, who says every tme.....we have no chance of catching the culprit but we wil put it on our data base..........wow thatns wank chops.

Did they steal your typing fingers too then ? When you say office do you mean the Road Sweeper you drive ???

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks

Well he's probably being completely honest rather than dismissing your case.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Do you know who committed these crimes? Did you see it happen? Did anybody else? Do you have any pressing evidence to give some indication of who's responsible?

No?

Then please, please, do tell me how you expect some police officer who's never met you in his or her life to.

I cheerfully accept your democratic right to call me a **** but I fail to see why I should suddenly be expected to display psychic abilities in addition to my normal FILTH BASTARD tendencies.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Okay, for balance here's a another experience of two police officers with next to no inter-personal skills.

Me and a few friends were lost, looking for a comedy club in London. We'd asked a few people in the street to no avail and were about to stop off in a takeaway to ask there.

Just as we were about to enter a police car pulled over and the two officers got out. My friend seized the opportunity to ask one of the public servants if he knew where said club on said road was. "Try directory enquiries" came the response.
At which point they both entered the takeaway and proceded to queue for food.

Shocking attitude and poor service. And as I say I have several more negative police stories.

Ooooh, I have lots of "negative stories" too. About members of the public! Whisper it quietly, but some of them can act like twats!

Does this mean ALL members of the public are twats? Because if that's the case, I'd better rethink my natural instinct to treat people with respect and as individuals pretty quick.

Thanks x

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The police love heavy handed tactics and the sad thing is they know they can get away with it because they've got a uniform to hide behind.

I remember talking to a woman at Brighton station after one of our demonstrations at a Lib Dem conference and she was close to tears because of police bully boy attitudes. The woman herself would'nt have hurt a fly but it did'nt stop a 6ft+ real man of a copper pushing her around.

Which Lib Dem demonstration? The last one? There was no problem with the police at any of our demonstrations including the two Labour marches.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ok, for no reason a Police Officer just started pushing this female (who wouldn't hurt a fly) around... What a load of rubbish.... Do you believe all the stories you are told ?

I've absolutely no reason to disbelieve what I was told but if you wish to dispel it as rubbish thats up to you, One thing that becomes very apparent is the police are really not very good at handling criticism whether it be to they're face or on an internet message board.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Which Lib Dem demonstration? The last one? There was no problem with the police at any of our demonstrations including the two Labour marches.

It was that big march where it was estimated anything up to 10,000 people attended ( might've even been a labour conference come to think of it )

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ok, everyone's got their views, usually based on personal experience but consider this.

When an old dear isn't seen for a couple of weeks, and someone has to break in to find her, who has to go and do it?

When some cock has decided to cause a multi-fatality car crash, who has to go and clean up the mess?

When everyone goes out and gets twatfaced and starts fights every Friday and Saturday, who's got to deal with it?

If everyone actually stops and realises that these guys do society's dirty work for us, then I'm sure we'd all get on better.

No one forced them to take the job, for fecks sake.

All that stuff goes with being a policeman. If you don't want to do it, get a different job.

A bit like another thread someone started about the armed forces. Let's all feel sorry for them ... they're going to fight a battle. What the feck do they think the army's for??

I do a job I've enjoyed all my life. However it's got some bits I probably don't enjoy as much as others. But when an unpleasant bit comes along I don't expect sympathy from anyone. I chose the job. No one forced me into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here