Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My run-in with the police today

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think we will, I will continue to approach my dealings with the Police in the same way to ensure that my luck continues...I hope yours changes for the better!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think we will, I will continue to approach my dealings with the Police in the same way to ensure that my luck continues...I hope yours changes for the better!

All depends on the idiots I meet.

Thankfully I work in an industry where we can still overrule them in certain circumstances.
That was one of the minor pleasures of working for a Highway Authority. The police quite often came along to meetings to discuss issues like speed limits, traffic management, etc. What they could never quite get their heads around was the fact that they didn't make the law. We did. We would listen to their 'advice', but at the end of the day, we made the decisions.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That was one of the minor pleasures of working for a Highway Authority. The police quite often came along to meetings to discuss issues like speed limits, traffic management, etc. What they could never quite get their heads around was the fact that they didn't make the law. We did. We would listen to their 'advice', but at the end of the day, we made the decisions.

And do they not like it. Gone are the days when the police can tell me when they can direct traffic over one of my half barrier crossings when they have failed, I now tell them they cant. And gone are the days when they can threaten to arrest me and my colleagues for refusing to open a level crossing during failure situations or for striking a vehicle when it jumps the red lights.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've met quite a few wanker coppers (including the one's i've had to work with and the one's who have cuffed me) And the conclusion I draw is most of them seem to think they are the law as opposed to being the people who are paid to impose it, And a hell of a lot of them seem to forget the part of they're job where they're paid to help people.

You know what? I've met a few football fans who are complete cocks.

By the same logic you're using, I guess that makes most football fans complete cocks then. Just a conclusion I've drawn, like

:cool:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
And do they not like it. Gone are the days when the police can tell me when they can direct traffic over one of my half barrier crossings when they have failed, I now tell them they cant. And gone are the days when they can threaten to arrest me and my colleagues for refusing to open a level crossing during failure situations or for striking a vehicle when it jumps the red lights.

:D Good job you're not on a power trip eh? like so many of the coppers you seem to have a habit of meeting. Still you chose your path so you'll get no sympathy from me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You know what? I've met a few football fans who are complete cocks.

By the same logic you're using, I guess that makes most football fans complete cocks then. Just a conclusion I've drawn, like

:cool:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So you were inconvenienced, not half as much as the victims of crime. The Police are like anybody else, be rude and they will respond accordingly. Try that act in most other countries and afterwards try counting your teeth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
1st day in long trousers? is a comment always guranteed to wind up a young over zealous copper

Or....... I see they`ve relaxed the height restriction for joining. (to any copper under 5ft 10in)

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
I've met quite a few wanker coppers (including the one's i've had to work with and the one's who have cuffed me) And the conclusion I draw is most of them seem to think they are the law as opposed to being the people who are paid to impose it, And a hell of a lot of them seem to forget the part of they're job where they're paid to help people.

I hope you never need the Police to help you, you have no idea ...:tosser:

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham

Sounds like you are the one on a Power Trip...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have been the victim of an internet fraud recently, and the officer dealing with it has been a credit to himself, the force and the country.

Lots of practical advice, calm, friendly, patient and knowledgeable.

Top bloke all round.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The two who stopped me were from either end of the spectrum.

The one who ran down the road after me, yelled at me, and tried to book me (but apparently had trouble finding the law which I had broken) was a red-faced unpleasant looking character who I would have liked to hit.

His mate, a younger (and shorter) guy looked like he was half smiling during the exchange of words I was having with his colleague and was the one who noticed the Seagulls sticker.

The former was a true idiot who clearly loved the power of his uniform.

His mate was OK.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It does make me laugh when people complain about our police force, when we (at a stretch) probably have the best police force in the world.

Oh dear, your journey was a bit longer than normal. I would say it was worth it if they catch soomeone they are looking for.

BB, I don't understand your complete dislike for the police force. Am I detecting a few personal run ins with them? :D

The two who stopped me were from either end of the spectrum.

The one who ran down the road after me, yelled at me, and tried to book me (but apparently had trouble finding the law which I had broken) was a red-faced unpleasant looking character who I would have liked to hit.

His mate, a younger (and shorter) guy looked like he was half smiling during the exchange of words I was having with his colleague and was the one who noticed the Seagulls sticker.

The former was a true idiot who clearly loved the power of his uniform.

His mate was OK.

So, you got a 50/50 situation - and since you came away without a ticket it seems the blue gangsters gave you more than an even break.

Until they are unfair, I say give 'em the benefit of the doubt and talk to them reasonably. There are plenty enough unreasonable c***s in everyday life, so I reckon the professional c***s are at least, trained ones.

I had a young labourer working with me recently who complained of unfair treatments from bouncers all the time, said they don't like him and have got something against him. When he elaborated on his experiences, it was totally clear that he went out of his way to attract attention. He gave verbal to authority, and got in the face of doormen with his teeth showing - a veritable smackinthemouth-magnet! I could imagine it when he told his stories, and had to tell him he was asking for and deserving everything he got.

Just don't start with an attitude against authority and they won't have any reason to be on your case. Simple.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I hope you never need the Police to help you, you have no idea ...:tosser:

I would'nt bother wasting my breath asking them for help anymore, Every time i've tried that they've proved to be a useless bunch of tossers anyway.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I find it strange that many people slag off and knock the Police, but when those people need help, who do they generally call upon?

Apart from Ghostbusters that is...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here