Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** My new car website: www.carcargalore.com ***

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Hey guys....

http://www.carcargalore.com - The easiest way to browse, buy and sell cars and other vehicles online

My new site has just gone live so i wanted to ask you to have a look around it when you get time, and more importantly "register for free" and start selling your cars on there as/when you need to.

Its not just for cars, you can sell motorbikes, vans, trucks and parts too!

The site has been designed to be contemporary, fresh and very easy to navigate. The advanced search options are very specific and will make buying and selling cars online effortless as you drill your search down and are saved from having to trawl through pages of unwanted adverts.

No cars on there yet as it's only just gone live but my main aim now to to raise awareness and get people on there and get cars listed.....please pass the site details to all your friends if you don't mind? :)

Its free to register, and more important its completely FREE to advertise!

Car Car Galore - Buy or Sell a Car, Motorbike, Van, Truck or Vehicle Part .... check it out please

If you know of any other ways to publicise this i would be very grateful...especially any links to motor magazines, car trade journals etc etc...all exposure highly appreciated and essential.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Hey guys....

http://www.carcargalore.com - The easiest way to browse, buy and sell cars and other vehicles online

My new site has just gone live so i wanted to ask you to have a look around it when you get time, and more importantly "register for free" and start selling your cars on there as/when you need to.

Its not just for cars, you can sell motorbikes, vans, trucks and parts too!

The site has been designed to be contemporary, fresh and very easy to navigate. The advanced search options are very specific and will make buying and selling cars online effortless as you drill your search down and are saved from having to trawl through pages of unwanted adverts.

No cars on there yet as it's only just gone live but my main aim now to to raise awareness and get people on there and get cars listed.....please pass the site details to all your friends if you don't mind? :)

Its free to register, and more important its completely FREE to advertise!

Car Car Galore - Buy or Sell a Car, Motorbike, Van, Truck or Vehicle Part .... check it out please

If you know of any other ways to publicise this i would be very grateful...especially any links to motor magazines, car trade journals etc etc...all exposure highly appreciated and essential.

Looks good, although I think you should have some sort of functionality that allows you to browse through all cars listed instead of having to search by a specific make and model.

Have you advertised the link on Piston Heads ? That should drum up a bit of interest.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
As nice an idea as it is, do you think you can compete against the likes of Autotrader, Pistonheads and Friday-Ad ?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I am looking for an astra diesal or Focus diesal...

But no cars found....I guess you are no opposition for autotrader?

Mate did u read the bit that said "its just gone live"..... :)

obviously no cars on there yet as its brand new - thats what im doing now in gaining awareness to the site - all the local car dealers will hopefully have all their stock on their shortly..... :)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
What's the USP - how does it differ from every other 2nd hand car site ?

Its clean, quick and easy to navigate.

Once you've registered for free the advanced search options are more specific and direct than any competition meaning you can view the exact cars u want and not sift through pages of rubbish.... :)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Looks good, although I think you should have some sort of functionality that allows you to browse through all cars listed instead of having to search by a specific make and model.

Have you advertised the link on Piston Heads ? That should drum up a bit of interest.

Yeah mate you can search all cars without having to be model specific - if you go into the advanced search bit and leave "any" make and "any" model it will bring everything up :)

Not sure about advertising it on pistonheads as they'd prob not like it :(

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
As nice an idea as it is, do you think you can compete against the likes of Autotrader, Pistonheads and Friday-Ad ?

Pistonheads started from nothign mate, with very little backing and in an entusiast group of people..... look at it now.

thats what we're aiming for anyway something to compete aginst the big boys i time... :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wish you well but I think you're a bit deluded if you think your search options are more powerful than other sites, most notably Autotrader that has a massive wealth of options.

And why do you think Pistonheads will be annoyed whereas it's ok to just post on here without being polite enough to ask?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I wish you well but I think you're a bit deluded if you think your search options are more powerful than other sites, most notably Autotrader that has a massive wealth of options.

And why do you think Pistonheads will be annoyed whereas it's ok to just post on here without being polite enough to ask?

Pistonheads is a used car related website...so conflict of interests.
NSC isn;t so i didnt think it would tread on anyones toes...apologies though i should have run it past you :)

moving onto the searches, if you register the advanced search fields are huge, much bigger and more specific than autotrader :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well there's a mistake then - why would someone register? They'd see the unregistered 'advanced' search, note how inadequate it is compared to the same on Autotrader and go back to Autotrader.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Well there's a mistake then - why would someone register? They'd see the unregistered 'advanced' search, note how inadequate it is compared to the same on Autotrader and go back to Autotrader.

good point - maybe the extensive search field should be visable straight away :)

its becuase when you register it holds your postcode so it can show u the distance of other cars to your house.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Your biggest problem stating the obvious is actually getting people to use the site. It don't matter if its free, if there is nothing else listed on there how will you get people to the site?

What is different to your site compared to others? What are your other selling points apart from it being free?

I would also start off with just having the car makes and not the models because it makes the site look empty.

As the site stands now, If I listed an Alfa Romeo 144 for sale, when I click just the Alfa Romeo link will the car be displayed in the Alfa Romeo category as well as the 144 category?

Search Engines:-
1) Check the title tags of sites like autotrader and others. You will see what works for them.
Also the more cars you get listed in your directory the more pages you will get spidered in Google and more places people will find you.

2) Get links from other websites relating to your site.

3) There are loads of free business directories to list on too.

If you can afford it later on, get on Google Adwords. I know its expensive but it does help.

Sometimes your site can become popular without any effort and will automatically find its place and people will just visit you, it all depends on how unique it is, and if there is another gap on the web for it. Most importantly don't give up on it.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

Have had this amended now to show all the search fields even before registering.....let me know, hope you agree its more user friendly now :)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Your biggest problem stating the obvious is actually getting people to use the site. It don't matter if its free, if there is nothing else listed on there how will you get people to the site?

What is different to your site compared to others? What are your other selling points apart from it being free?

I would also start off with just having the car makes and not the models because it makes the site look empty.

As the site stands now, If I listed an Alfa Romeo 144 for sale, when I click just the Alfa Romeo link will the car be displayed in the Alfa Romeo category as well as the 144 category?

Search Engines:-
1) Check the title tags of sites like autotrader and others. You will see what works for them.
Also the more cars you get listed in your directory the more pages you will get spidered in Google and more places people will find you.

2) Get links from other websites relating to your site.

3) There are loads of free business directories to list on too.

If you can afford it later on, get on Google Adwords. I know its expensive but it does help.

Sometimes your site can become popular without any effort and will automatically find its place and people will just visit you, it all depends on how unique it is, and if there is another gap on the web for it. Most importantly don't give up on it.

thanx mate - my best mate has done this site with me and he is highly experienced in SEo and building a good, well ranked site.

we are currently going to all local dealers to get them to upload all their stock which should fill it up nicely.

we have a facebook and twitter group that we hope will build awareness quickly.

i am not sure which directories to regsiter on for free??

we will be building up a big adwords campaign shortly

yes your alfa will show on alfa searches and alfa 144 searches :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here