Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my last thread on hammond

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lets assume he stays as we have heard nowt concrete

do we think that if he stays we will have a problem in that we do need to sell him to get any money at all NOW, or do we take whatever offer we can ( which oddly flies in the face of rejecting Colchester's first offer)?

Also what will be the fans reaction to him when he comes back to play in a few weeks time?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If he is still here, without signing, then I think the Withdean faithful will give him grief unless he ups his performances. I also think he should be stripped of his captaincy if he hasn't committed himself to our club.

In short, I hope he goes today!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
colchester are going down, they like us have a shit stadium, with only one bog for away fans

Why go there unless you like shit

Jan 30, 2008
Lets assume he stays as we have heard nowt concrete

do we think that if he stays we will have a problem in that we do need to sell him to get any money at all NOW, or do we take whatever offer we can ( which oddly flies in the face of rejecting Colchester's first offer)?

Also what will be the fans reaction to him when he comes back to play in a few weeks time?
go away you are ssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
colchester are going down, they like us have a shit stadium, with only one bog for away fans

Why go there unless you like shit

money?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think that the choice of signing for Colchester is actually a sign of his actual ambition. If he signs for them then clearly he isn't ambitious to play in the Championship at all, if he decides to stay then clearly he IS ambitious to play at the higher level and will need to up his game to prove it - to us and to the higher placed Championship sides who so singularly haven't make an offer for him so far.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
If he doesnt get sold today does DK try to make him sign still? And try and get it done with plenty of time before the summer?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Without knowing what he has been offered by the Albion, why on earth are the knives out for Hammond?
What has he done wrong other than having a contract that was not acceptable to him, for whatever reason that may be.
Unlike Harding he has not said he wanted away, infact back in October this was far from his mind.
see this link http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...1787698.0.hammond_wants_to_stay_at_albion.php

I can only think that the final offer fell below what he was expecting, much the same as when any of us go in for your annual pay round and either come out completely happy or really pissed off.
So why is Hammond any different from us?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i hope he goes today but if he doesnt then he will get the same support from me that he has always had but i dont think he should be captain

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Without knowing what he has been offered by the Albion, why on earth are the knives out for Hammond?
What has he done wrong other than having a contract that was not acceptable to him, for whatever reason that may be.
Unlike Harding he has not said he wanted away, infact back in October this was far from his mind.
see this link http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...1787698.0.hammond_wants_to_stay_at_albion.php

I can only think that the final offer fell below what he was expecting, much the same as when any of us go in for your annual pay round and either come out completely happy or really pissed off.
So why is Hammond any different from us?

I am not having the knives out, i am just wondering what the crowds reaction will be to someone who doesn't want to be here!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I think the fans will be fine for two reasons: one because he has stayed (even if it was hobson's choice and may only be for a few more months) and two because he will be playing out of his skin for the rest of the season because he's clearly in the shop window. So that can only be good for us

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am not having the knives out, i am just wondering what the crowds reaction will be to someone who doesn't want to be here!

Sorry Dave I did not aim that at your post, but there are many threads on here that clearly are having a go at Hammond.
For me I hope he stays proves to Dick that he is worth more, because in my view without Hammond in the side it don't just tick right.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry Dave I did not aim that at your post, but there are many threads on here that clearly are having a go at Hammond.
For me I hope he stays proves to Dick that he is worth more, because in my view without Hammond in the side it don't just tick right.

I tend to agree.

Its a shame we cant get him to sign..

Colchester is hardly a step up!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think that the choice of signing for Colchester is actually a sign of his actual ambition. If he signs for them then clearly he isn't ambitious to play in the Championship at all, if he decides to stay then clearly he IS ambitious to play at the higher level and will need to up his game to prove it - to us and to the higher placed Championship sides who so singularly haven't make an offer for him so far.

How does staying with us prove he is ambitious?
I dont think we are in a position to be ambitious until Falmer. We can't afford the wages of the Championship yet and that is the bottom line.

I just would like to add that I think that Colchester could still stay in the Campionship, with Hammond playing at his best he could just keep them there.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here