Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my last thread on hammond

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just would like to add that I think that Colchester could still stay in the Campionship, with Hammond playing at his best he could just keep them there.

No WAY would Hammond be influential enough at Colchester to be the difference between them going down or staying up. He's been barely average for us in the third division for a couple of seasons now, so to expect him to step up a level and take that division by storm is somewhat fanciful.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No WAY would Hammond be influential enough at Colchester to be the difference between them going down or staying up. He's been barely average for us in the third division for a couple of seasons now, so to expect him to step up a level and take that division by storm is somewhat fanciful.

I respect your opinion, but I think Hammond is very underated here and with better players around him he could just make that difference.

And as you say he was a better player for us two seasons ago, that was in the Championship.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I will be surprised if Hammond goes to Col U. They are a club that has punched above its weight in recent years but will probably, even once they have moved into their new stadium, find their level in League 1 for the foreseeable future. Albion, on the other hand, in the near future, should be knocking on the door of the Premier League. If Hammond joins the Essex club then he will be sorry.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I will be surprised if Hammond goes to Col U. They are a club that has punched above its weight in recent years but will probably, even once they have moved into their new stadium, find their level in League 1 for the foreseeable future. Albion, on the other hand, in the near future, should be knocking on the door of the Premier League. If Hammond joins the Essex club then he will be sorry.

Why should we be knocking on the door of the premier league in the near future? I doubt very much we will get anywhere near the premier league for at least 15 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why should we be knocking on the door of the premier league in the near future? I doubt very much we will get anywhere near the premier league for at least 15 years.

Hammond will only be 39 then. He should have some f***ing LOYALTY and sit it out here.

:jester:

Lets assume he stays as we have heard nowt concrete

do we think that if he stays we will have a problem in that we do need to sell him to get any money at all NOW, or do we take whatever offer we can ( which oddly flies in the face of rejecting Colchester's first offer)?

Also what will be the fans reaction to him when he comes back to play in a few weeks time?

When the response to his complaints was answered with the strengthening of the squad, and a line drawn under the club ambitions being tangible ones, I would be surprised if he still wanted to walk away and risk his career elsewhere.

As for "fans reactions", they had BETTER be BLOODY positive, as DH has only put on the line exactly what the supporters want from the club as well - a proper shot at the league, better football and better results. If they can moan about DH wanting that, then they really DO shoot themselves in the foot!

The guy has been Captain for a reason, and that's not from sitting on his hands letting things happen without his influence or say in the matter - good for him, and let's get behind the team, the Captain, the Manager, and the Chairman. ffs. ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When the response to his complaints was answered with the strengthening of the squad, and a line drawn under the club ambitions being tangible ones, I would be surprised if he still wanted to walk away and risk his career elsewhere.

As for "fans reactions", they had BETTER be BLOODY positive, as DH has only put on the line exactly what the supporters want from the club as well - a proper shot at the league, better football and better results. If they can moan about DH wanting that, then they really DO shoot themselves in the foot!

The guy has been Captain for a reason, and that's not from sitting on his hands letting things happen without his influence or say in the matter - good for him, and let's get behind the team, the Captain, the Manager, and the Chairman. ffs. ???

Spot bloody on, NMH :clap:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If Dean Hammond walks away from Colchester without signing then this puts the pressure back on DK.
The fact that DK put him up for offer, means that he is desperate to get some money for him. DK will then have to up Deans offer to get him to sign or let him walk away for nothing.
If he gets him to sign before the summer then it could be looked on as an investment by DK, as then an offer would have to be higher then than what he was prepared to let him go for now.
What does Dean now stand to lose? an increased offer from the club he wants to stay with, or a signing on fee in from anyone who wants him. =Nothing

Last edited:

He's hardly expected to do anything like that on his own though, is he?
His request for club ambition translates as "bring in some better players, and get shot of some of the lower-quality ones". Cold as this might seem for the lesser quality players, it's nothing but good for the better players and the more ambitious ones who want to get somewhere with their careers.

If Revell was either incapable of raising his game, or maybe of conceiving that the Albion could do greater things, then it's goodbye from him. If he and Elder were of a similar level, then he has done bloody well to go to Southend and not Ramsgate!
He was obviously not irreplaceable, and Elder did nothing to convince me at all (although 'some' on here were instantly impressed when he got a tap-in a couple of weeks ago, ffs pull y'selves together some of you!). Savage was a means to an end, an awkward lanky load, who could cause problems on the field....and off. Dodgy perspective on his own abilities, that's fo' sho'. Same with O'Callaghan - not a good man in a storm, and created an "us and them" situation at the club in no time flat! Riddance to that, get shot asap and don't come back.

The nest HAS been stirred though, so let's see who responds well to this shake-up, who's got the right stuff and wants to go places.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I hope the offer is reasonable - from DK. I mean signing these new players proves we have ambition, and we have the potential to get promoted.. he came up through our scholars... and for what? f*** off at the first oppertunity to some relegation doomed no hopers?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
if he doesnt sign i want him gone to be honest, whats the point in having a player who at the end of the season is just to be honest screw us over

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
as mentioned on official site - he turned down our contract offer which had a release clause if we didn't get promoted. Was it ambition or was it money? Whatever it's all academic as he's gone and skipped it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here