Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my last thread on hammond

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
How does staying with us prove he is ambitious?
I dont think we are in a position to be ambitious until Falmer. We can't afford the wages of the Championship yet and that is the bottom line.

I just would like to add that I think that Colchester could still stay in the Campionship, with Hammond playing at his best he could just keep them there.

Okay, an answer after the event, but here goes. Joining a side that is most likely going to get relegated is not ambitious, staying with one that could get promoted is - especially when you can potentially join a Championship side at the end of the season if things don't work out (and then get a whole season at the higher level rather than half).

Suffice to say I have lost a little bit of respect for Hammond as a result of his choice, clearly the money WAS an issue.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
as mentioned on official site - he turned down our contract offer which had a release clause if we didn't get promoted. Was it ambition or was it money? Whatever it's all academic as he's gone and skipped it now.

It has to be money ROSM.
But then we will all go where we get what we think we are worth.
Sentiment does not pay the bills.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Okay, an answer after the event, but here goes. Joining a side that is most likely going to get relegated is not ambitious, staying with one that could get promoted is - especially when you can potentially join a Championship side at the end of the season if things don't work out (and then get a whole season at the higher level rather than half).

Suffice to say I have lost a little bit of respect for Hammond as a result of his choice, clearly the money WAS an issue.

Preeeeeecisely my feelings on the matter.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Of course money was the issue. We could not or were not prepared to pay what he is going to receive at Colchester, I bet his bank manager is pleased.

I think Colchester have a better chance of staying up than us getting promoted, but if they come down what has he lost? Championship money for playing in div1.
And if rumours are true then he has an escape clause in his Colchester contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here