Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My impressions taken from last night

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. The new stadium is going to be a building of genuine architectural beauty, in a way that few of the new crop of stadia have been. Of course by now, we'd probably settle for any old shed like that crappy Majeski as long as it had a roof over it. Ours will PISS on that, for style and elegance. It'll genuinely be quite a stunning piece of sculpture and worth mentioning in the same breath as some of the world cup grounds from Germany, if of course, smaller.

2. Despite appearances, just how QUICKLY everything is happening - the club offices will be at Falmer in about 7-8 months??!! We could be playing there in two years' time? Incredible and fantastic. And hey, f*** it, what's another six months delays if it happens.

3. To state the obvious, just how much needs to be done, both in terms of building and still finalising agreements with so many parties. I'd never realised that engineering works on the trains are planned THREE years in advance (I thought they just arranged them when I want to go to London at the weekend), but that's just one of big projects to be tackled when they build a new bridge. Plus the new Lewes Road A270 bit, the Sussex uni access in Stanmer Park etc etc etc etc. The actual stadium is but a tiny part of the whole development.

4. How detailed and complete every aspect of the architectural drawings are - anyone thinking "I want this, I want that" - it's all done and decided by now, of course. I gazed fascinatedly last night at the plans for the changing rooms and gyms and players tunnel from which Peter Ward will emerge to play in Nicky Forster's testimonial in 2011 - it looks brilliant.

5. Without being overdramatic, there is, of course, no building that will be built in my lifetime that will mean more to me than this stadium. As such, I would give my right bollock and a considerable sum of money to be able to BUY those stunning architectural plans that were on display last night. Will I and other similar anoraks be able to do so?

Anyway, that's just my tuppenceworth. f***ing GREAT EFFORT, ALBION. I slept very well last night, knowing that our future's looking safer by the day - not a feeling I might have expected, say, back in 1995, for example.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Any chance of pictures?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Brilliant to hear - and I hope a bloody kick up the backside for all of those who want DK removed. Its obvious how much he (and his team) actually do and are doing for this club. Not just on the playing side. I for one cannot wait for this stadium and the deserved applause (and probably tears from a few of us!) DK and his team will get when we walk out on the morning of our first match.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We did have the picture that was in the programme the other week, the stadium looks pretty stunning, I would try to print it here but unfortunately am a complete techno-biff.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
5. Without being overdramatic, there is, of course, no building that will be built in my lifetime that will mean more to me than this stadium.

I couldn't agree more, much as I miss the Goldstone I'm looking forward to taking my seat at the new ground more than anything... and it looks stunning.

:bowdown:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It looks beautiful from what we saw :love:

Bit dissapointed with the on screen graphics, but I guess this was just a teaser and this time next year another roadshow will give us a CGI fly-around tour :)

Jan 30, 2008
1. The new stadium is going to be a building of genuine architectural beauty, in a way that few of the new crop of stadia have been. Of course by now, we'd probably settle for any old shed like that crappy Majeski as long as it had a roof over it. Ours will PISS on that, for style and elegance. It'll genuinely be quite a stunning piece of sculpture and worth mentioning in the same breath as some of the world cup grounds from Germany, if of course, smaller.

2. Despite appearances, just how QUICKLY everything is happening - the club offices will be at Falmer in about 7-8 months??!! We could be playing there in two years' time? Incredible and fantastic. And hey, f*** it, what's another six months delays if it happens.

3. To state the obvious, just how much needs to be done, both in terms of building and still finalising agreements with so many parties. I'd never realised that engineering works on the trains are planned THREE years in advance (I thought they just arranged them when I want to go to London at the weekend), but that's just one of big projects to be tackled when they build a new bridge. Plus the new Lewes Road A270 bit, the Sussex uni access in Stanmer Park etc etc etc etc. The actual stadium is but a tiny part of the whole development.

4. How detailed and complete every aspect of the architectural drawings are - anyone thinking "I want this, I want that" - it's all done and decided by now, of course. I gazed fascinatedly last night at the plans for the changing rooms and gyms and players tunnel from which Peter Ward will emerge to play in Nicky Forster's testimonial in 2011 - it looks brilliant.

5. Without being overdramatic, there is, of course, no building that will be built in my lifetime that will mean more to me than this stadium. As such, I would give my right bollock and a considerable sum of money to be able to BUY those stunning architectural plans that were on display last night. Will I and other similar anoraks be able to do so?

Anyway, that's just my tuppenceworth. f***ing GREAT EFFORT, ALBION. I slept very well last night, knowing that our future's looking safer by the day - not a feeling I might have expected, say, back in 1995, for example.

train spotter alert!!!!!!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

Why will Forster have a testimonial in 2011?? Am i missing somthing here?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sorry just read it again and my sides are aching :rolleyes:

MOH should do stand up

Someone a little bitter because they made an arse of themselves when they didn't quite get Mr Harveys throwaway gag?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He does impressions as well, I'm still waiting for the ones he did at the roadshow last night, as promised in the thread title :censored:
I thought my Martin Perry came out pretty well, judging by the way people clapped at the end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here