Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My impressions taken from last night

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
He does impressions as well, I'm still waiting for the ones he did at the roadshow last night, as promised in the thread title :censored:

"Dr. Stone, would you give the court your impression of Mr. Striker?"

"I'm sorry, I don't do impressions. My training is in psychiatry."

"Dr. Stone, would you give the court your impression of Mr. Striker?"

"I'm sorry, I don't do impressions. My training is in psychiatry."

Reminds me of a true story from a mate on jury service. East end cabbie is a witness and in the dock. A very posh barrister steps up to cross examine and in a slow, plummy voice says "Mr X," dramatic pause, " Your account" dramatic pause. At which point the cabbie shouts out, "I'm a c*nt? He's the f***ing paki c*nt sitting over there!"
Silence.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
1. The new stadium is going to be a building of genuine architectural beauty, in a way that few of the new crop of stadia have been. Of course by now, we'd probably settle for any old shed like that crappy Majeski as long as it had a roof over it. Ours will PISS on that, for style and elegance. It'll genuinely be quite a stunning piece of sculpture and worth mentioning in the same breath as some of the world cup grounds from Germany, if of course, smaller.

2. Despite appearances, just how QUICKLY everything is happening - the club offices will be at Falmer in about 7-8 months??!! We could be playing there in two years' time? Incredible and fantastic. And hey, f*** it, what's another six months delays if it happens.

3. To state the obvious, just how much needs to be done, both in terms of building and still finalising agreements with so many parties. I'd never realised that engineering works on the trains are planned THREE years in advance (I thought they just arranged them when I want to go to London at the weekend), but that's just one of big projects to be tackled when they build a new bridge. Plus the new Lewes Road A270 bit, the Sussex uni access in Stanmer Park etc etc etc etc. The actual stadium is but a tiny part of the whole development.

4. How detailed and complete every aspect of the architectural drawings are - anyone thinking "I want this, I want that" - it's all done and decided by now, of course. I gazed fascinatedly last night at the plans for the changing rooms and gyms and players tunnel from which Peter Ward will emerge to play in Nicky Forster's testimonial in 2011 - it looks brilliant.

5. Without being overdramatic, there is, of course, no building that will be built in my lifetime that will mean more to me than this stadium. As such, I would give my right bollock and a considerable sum of money to be able to BUY those stunning architectural plans that were on display last night. Will I and other similar anoraks be able to do so?

Anyway, that's just my tuppenceworth. f***ing GREAT EFFORT, ALBION. I slept very well last night, knowing that our future's looking safer by the day - not a feeling I might have expected, say, back in 1995, for example.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Reminds me of a true story from a mate on jury service. East end cabbie is a witness and in the dock. A very posh barrister steps up to cross examine and in a slow, plummy voice says "Mr X," dramatic pause, " Your account" dramatic pause. At which point the cabbie shouts out, "I'm a c*nt? He's the f***ing paki c*nt sitting over there!"
Silence.

He probably deserved it though.........

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I thought my Martin Perry came out pretty well,

What MP is a saucey little horses hoof?

This is a throwaway gag (I wished I had thrown it away before posting it).

I can do impressions of Frank Spencer and Freddie 'Parrot Face' Davies.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What MP is a saucey little horses hoof?

This is a throwaway gag (I wished I had thrown it away before posting it).

I can do impressions of Frank Spencer and Freddie #Parrot face' Davies.

I fell into that trap:(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd never realised that engineering works on the trains are planned THREE years in advance (I thought they just arranged them when I want to go to London at the weekend),

I take ISSUE with that...

Its also when trying to get back from London late on a Friday evening as well :angry: :angry: :angry:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
1. The new stadium is going to be a building of genuine architectural beauty, in a way that few of the new crop of stadia have been. Of course by now, we'd probably settle for any old shed like that crappy Majeski as long as it had a roof over it. Ours will PISS on that, for style and elegance. It'll genuinely be quite a stunning piece of sculpture and worth mentioning in the same breath as some of the world cup grounds from Germany, if of course, smaller.

2. Despite appearances, just how QUICKLY everything is happening - the club offices will be at Falmer in about 7-8 months??!! We could be playing there in two years' time? Incredible and fantastic. And hey, f*** it, what's another six months delays if it happens.

3. To state the obvious, just how much needs to be done, both in terms of building and still finalising agreements with so many parties. I'd never realised that engineering works on the trains are planned THREE years in advance (I thought they just arranged them when I want to go to London at the weekend), but that's just one of big projects to be tackled when they build a new bridge. Plus the new Lewes Road A270 bit, the Sussex uni access in Stanmer Park etc etc etc etc. The actual stadium is but a tiny part of the whole development.

4. How detailed and complete every aspect of the architectural drawings are - anyone thinking "I want this, I want that" - it's all done and decided by now, of course. I gazed fascinatedly last night at the plans for the changing rooms and gyms and players tunnel from which Peter Ward will emerge to play in Nicky Forster's testimonial in 2011 - it looks brilliant.

5. Without being overdramatic, there is, of course, no building that will be built in my lifetime that will mean more to me than this stadium. As such, I would give my right bollock and a considerable sum of money to be able to BUY those stunning architectural plans that were on display last night. Will I and other similar anoraks be able to do so?

Anyway, that's just my tuppenceworth. f***ing GREAT EFFORT, ALBION. I slept very well last night, knowing that our future's looking safer by the day - not a feeling I might have expected, say, back in 1995, for example.

Martin Perry came across very well. I didn't expect there to be so many planning applications, before we can move onto site.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

For those of you who didnt make it, this is an excellent summary.
As I listened, I must admit to thinking about all the :tosser: on here who would still be moaning and complaining today.
And sure enough..
Well bollocks to them. I can't believe the work that is going on behind the scenes and can't wait to choose my Falmer season ticket. :falmerspi

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

MOH, that's possibly the greatest post thats ever appeared on here :clap2::clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did ANYONE think of the Children of Mile OaK?

Thats THE question...

Is my giant Albion mosaic idea on those plans? ???

Giant Albion mosaic at Falmer?! - North Stand Chat

Because Martin Perry's ignored all my emails about it :down:

Are these plans set in stone, now? Or will there be room for design changes etc etc? Anyone know?

DK made some comments about a plan being worked up on something like this. It was in the context of a memorial type of thing; he mentioned 'brick for Dick' and then talked about tiles with names on. Sorry I don't remember any more but I don't think anything has been finalised.
I'd post it for Paul (Insider) on 'Ask the Club' if I were you.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
MOH, that's possibly the greatest post thats ever appeared on here :clap2::clap2:
Aw, stoppit...I'd say anything and everything Bars Mars ever wrote is much better, esp. the stuff about Nathan Elder being better than Nicky Forster :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here