Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My God, the X Factor was bad tonight

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Am i the only person on the planet to suss that Diana is just a very poor man's version of Delores from the Cranberries?

It's a blatant rip off to the extent that she even pronounces some lyrics with the Irish lilt in her voice.

Nothing original at all and a decent haircut would not go amiss!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Am i the only person on the planet to suss that Diana is just a very poor man's version of Delores from the Cranberries?

It's a blatant rip off to the extent that she even pronounces some lyrics with the Irish lilt in her voice.

Nothing original at all and a decent haircut would not go amiss!

No, you're not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The very first time I heard her, I said she sounded like Dolores O'Riordan. I like her too though, so that's not necessarily a BAD thing. She should just sing 'Linger' as soon as the brief allows - she'll be great.

And of course, she's cute, which is what its all about.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the spanish bird with the tremendous norks is marvellous

:)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
i just dont 'get' her, yeah she's cute but that voice is all wrong, she doesnt say her words properly

glad that bitchbag rachel is out though.

edit: my missus told me to type all this as i dont actually watch it

Correct.

Final three:

JLS
Alexandra
Ruth

Alexandra to win

:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Correct.

Final three:

JLS
Alexandra
Ruth

Alexandra to win

:thumbsup:

JLS were SHOCKING in the sing off last week, though. Another duff performance like that and its :wave:

Ruth just SHOUTS every week. No subtlety or variety at all. If she were to win, she'd sell NO records, so Simon will do what he can to get rid, even though he wants to nail her.

Alexandra is by miles the best singer technically, [except maybe the little guy in JLS - shame about his duff mates] but she's no different at all to hundreds of existing artists.

Diana isn't a great singer but shes INTERESTING and CUTE - both important qualities when you're trying to sell records to gullible teenagers [and get them to waste text credit voting]. For that reason alone I think she'll win.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Diana isn't a great singer but shes INTERESTING and CUTE - both important qualities when you're trying to sell records to gullible teenagers [and get them to waste text credit voting]. For that reason alone I think she'll win.

Not interesting (contrived), not cute (haystack hair, not pretty, spotty and twatty), but is smack on the target market as you say. Apparently TWGGS (Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar Skool) is split - some love her some hate her. But 50% of them loving you is enough to make a good career.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with HKFC. Alex is great, but maybe too like Leona to win this year. Diana is something different.

Spanish Norks and Irish Boy next to go, top three Diana, Alex, JLS.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
JLS were SHOCKING in the sing off last week, though. Another duff performance like that and its :wave:

Ruth just SHOUTS every week. No subtlety or variety at all. If she were to win, she'd sell NO records, so Simon will do what he can to get rid, even though he wants to nail her.

Alexandra is by miles the best singer technically, [except maybe the little guy in JLS - shame about his duff mates] but she's no different at all to hundreds of existing artists.

He's on the kids programme Fun Song Factory :laugh:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The doe eyed Irish Leprachuan is going to win I am afraid.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This year its toilet. The only one with ability is Alexandra but she is too similar ( but about a quarter as good ) as Leona Lewis so Simon will not want another young Balck Diva singer on his book so will bend the competition so the Leprachaun wins or Diana. Last year Rhydian had great talent and even Leon Jackson who won is better than any of this lot with quite a soulful pleasant voice as his album is not bad with a couple of very good songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here