Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My concerns

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said many times I am or was firmly in the Adams in camp but I can see echoes of 1986 here today.

1986 Chris Catlin just missed out the play off, sacked
Alan Mullery a well respected past record proven manager brought in. Probably the only man who could have been brought in to replace Catlin with his record and one person the fans would accept.
Alan Mullery sacked and replaced by Barry Lloyd because the Blooms or 1 of the Blooms wanted him as manager.

2009 Dean Wilkins just missed out on the play offs sacked
Micky Adams a well respected manager with a proven past record at the club brought in. Probably the only man who they could have brought in to succeed Wilkins and his record .

Will the final outcome be the same Adams sacked Lloyd brought in because the Blooms want him in charge.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It snowed that year as well, I can remember his first game was in the cup at Sheffield and all the fields we passed on the train were covered in snow. Another useless fact.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was this what Harty was meaning when he said earlier' beware of whatyou wish for as it may come true' does he think Adams will go and Lloyd take over either permanent or until the end of the season. I can only think of 1 combination worse than Lloyd and Hinshlewood that is Booker & White.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was this what Harty was meaning when he said earlier' beware of whatyou wish for as it may come true' does he think Adams will go and Lloyd take over either permanent or until the end of the season. I can only think of 1 combination worse than Lloyd and Hinshlewood that is Booker & White.
I remember Jeff Wood came in as caretaker manager when Nobby left and we plummeted down the table , if Booker & White take over it will all happen again except we can only drop another 3 places to 24th.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As I have said many times I am or was firmly in the Adams in camp but I can see echoes of 1986 here today.

Alan Mullery a well respected past record proven manager brought in. Probably the only man who could have been brought in to replace Catlin with his record and one person the fans would accept.
Alan Mullery sacked and replaced by Barry Lloyd because the Blooms or 1 of the Blooms wanted him as manager.

Micky Adams a well respected manager with a proven past record at the club brought in. Probably the only man who they could have brought in to succeed Wilkins and his record .

Will the final outcome be the same Adams sacked Lloyd brought in because the Blooms want him in charge.

Have the Blooms actually given any indication to anybody that they want Lloyd in charge?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I think Harty started the rumour about Bonking Bazza becoming manager as he found a box of 'Barry Lloyd visionary dethroned' tshirts in the loft and is hoping to make a killing on them.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Internal politics.

No-one would ever publicly confirm or deny.

I think somebody hit the nail on the head on here the other day when they said it was just a scare mongering rumour started to try and get fans behind Micky Adams.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could be similar , we all know the team Lloyd took over was a million million times better than after he'd f***ed it up and left us with the shit he did

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

This was all posted eight months ago by those of us in the pro Wilkins mob. Sadly, most of the posters on here were delirious with MA's appointment and it fell on deaf ears.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Only one point , the 1986 season ended very limply ( 1 win in last 10 games) and there were no play offs in those days.

I fear with THICKY at the helm thats probably how we will finish this season.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
People screaming for Barry Lloyd to resign was one of my first memories of watching Albion, people wanting him out, boo's during the game, one of my first away games he had to walk infront of our fans away at Fulham and he got so much abuse, nore than anything Mcghee or Mykcee ever got.

It would be like going back 15 years, and I think if it did happen, after 640 games watching Brighton, I will call it a day

We are supposed to be going FORWARDS as we get Falmer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hmmmm....didn't Lloyd then sell Dean Saunders for £60k?
Oxford kindly paid us the £60k so we could pay off the taxman before a winding up order was due to be executed.

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The last time he was summariser on SCR, he sounded like he'd been in the pub since it opened, he would lose the dressing room before he even gained it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here