Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza contract latestzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Talks between the club and injured, out-of-contract top scorer Glenn Murray’s representative are ongoing.

Poyet added: “It’s still the same. We are still negotiating and I think between the agent and John Stephenson they have got the answer to that. It’s something we cannot control.

“I am sure that Glenn, because of the situation he is in, can push the negotiation to the end.”

Reading between the lines, the agent wants a bit more money, they are not too far apart, but other clubs have made offers too.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Come on for all the times he has wanted to leave this time he has not come out and said as much. Therefore I think he wants to stay with us, and is just trying to get a pay rise in a new division fair play to the fella. Will he be there today ! that may go a long way to say if he does.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Come on for all the times he has wanted to leave this time he has not come out and said as much. Therefore I think he wants to stay with us, and is just trying to get a pay rise in a new division fair play to the fella. Will he be there today ! that may go a long way to say if he does.

To be fair to Muzza he has never said much full stop.

He is the Clint Eastwood of League 1 (as well as the Berbatov).

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Spoke to him today

Asked him if I will see him
In stripes again

He said not sure I cannot say

Did not feel positive

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he was the only player not clap the crowd when they were introduced.....is that a sign that he is going?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
he was the only player not clap the crowd when they were introduced.....is that a sign that he is going?

i noticed this but i dont think i would look much into it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he leaves then the club he goes to will need a lot of patience as he sure takes his time to settle in.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fair enough if he gets a better offer and goes. He has been a fantastic player for us and I will always have fond memories of him - leaving on a free should not muddy or tarnish his reputation, in my humble opinion.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I hope I am wrong, today was big example of why he is so important. 80% of the play and I am sure if he was in the 11, we would have won comfortable.

Today highlighted how crap wood is G H should have played the full 90 minutes

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would be dismayed if he goes and something worse than dismayed if he went to Norwich.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Murray not clapping? Now that was a shock :D

I had a flashback to Brentford!

Personally, I'm not fussed if he signs or not, as long as he decides in plenty of time so Gus can get a replacement in, if he decides to leave.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Murray will always have a grudge with the fans,he's had a wonderful season which will no doubt pump up his wage demands.

He's obviously holding us to ransom and i guess with other clubs interested thats normal.My opinion is we should get shot of as we can get better:D

Probably sign a 3 year deal and then will be a donkey:glare:

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
He clapped the fans when they did the lap of honour after the prensentation, looked well chuffed with the response he was getting.

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here