Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslims need to chill the f*** out

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I don't have a problem with these cartoons after all it is the opinion of one individual.

Like wise where I find muslim extremeist snuff movies of poor hostages being beheaded in the most barbaric way really offensive in the extreme I don't blame all moslems.

Really Moslems should just shut up people in glass houses and all that.

:angry:

Tesco in Disguise said:
absolutely. for me, that brings an end to the argument.

Bullshit! You end up agreeing with Coventry, someone with a clear BNP apologist agenda. Cop yourself on and think about where your arguments have taken you :nono:

Tesco in Disguise said:
it is their culture to ban any depictions of the prophet. it is NOT ours. we have a culture of freedom of speech at (almost) any cost.
Another utterly ignorant statement.

We have had laws on our statute book criminalising incitement to racial hatred FOR OVER 30 YEARS.

That is our culture - to protect minorities from the kind of barbarous attacks by the kind of liars and hate-merchants that depopulated Europe of Jews.

I have been a member of the Campaign for Press and Broadcasting Freedom for the best part of 15 years but to hear the noble cause of "free speech" used to defend appalling attacks on minorities makes my flesh crawl.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
How can i put this niceley.... hmmm BOLLOCKS!
Quite frankly some people in this country don't realise how f***ing lucky they were to have had the good fortune to have been born in a free and wealthy country that is full of opportunity for those who want to take it.

Being born here is only half the story, the other half is contributing to British society when you are alive. It's no good just being born here because if you do feck all with your life you end up homeless and beaten up on the South Bank.

Britain has evolved over centuries to be a tolerant, democratic, freedom-loving nation, and we don't want some johnny foreigner who's been here 5 minutes telling us what we can and cannot say.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Why has this become a major news item in the last couple of days? The cartoons were published in September last year, and the newspaper involved has since apologised.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Listening to the 5Live phone-in this morning you'd think it was the British press, and ONLY the British press, that had published the cartoons. Fuckin' joke!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

We have had laws on our statute book criminalising incitement to racial hatred FOR OVER 30 YEARS.

That is our culture - to protect minorities from the kind of barbarous attacks by the kind of liars and hate-merchants that depopulated Europe of Jews.

I have been a member of the Campaign for Press and Broadcasting Freedom for the best part of 15 years but to hear the noble cause of "free speech" used to defend appalling attacks on minorities makes my flesh crawl.

you honestlt think you can "protect" "minorities" by not passing on that curtesy to "majorities"?

You poor sad deluded fool.:nono:

looney said:
you honestlt think you can "protect" "minorities" by not passing on that curtesy to "majorities"?

You poor sad deluded fool.:nono:

Knew that you'd turn up on this thread sooner or later. Economic theory doesn't do it for you these days, does it, which is why you're reduced to wanking over pictures of Nick Griffin for your kicks :)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by looney
mudered by a Muslim I think you mean and it was Holland not Sweden.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you will find that Uncle is quoting from the Spielberg revisionist film of the actual incident. Which bears no resemblance to what actually happened, obviously, but has some nice special effects in it.

AND NOT THE BNP VERSION WHICH HAD VIRGINAL NUNS PILLAGED AND RAPED BY 18 YEAR MUSLIM MEN DRINKING PINTS OF WHISKY

coventrygull said:
It was mentioned on Newsnight last night that there is a lot of anti semitic cartoons in the arab press and i think the arabs are very fond of holocaust denial. So it is a bit hypocritical for them to get hot under the collar about these cartoons.

Also I have a lot of Hindu and Sikh friends who have no time for moslems and say that westerners just don't realise how dangerous they are.

'them' being all Muslims? See, the trouble with calling a whole religious group bad, is that you are then easily convinced against them when one 'leader' feels like stirring things up against a 'them' group. Would you agree that you are one of 'us' when Bush declares a "crusade"? I wouldn't.

Perhaps you should get friendly with some Muslims then cg, I know some that aren't at all dangerous - but should they accept religious affront, along with the fanatics and the tangibly dangerous?

London Irish said:

We have had laws on our statute book criminalising incitement to racial hatred FOR OVER 30 YEARS. .............

................. to hear the noble cause of "free speech" used to defend appalling attacks on minorities makes my flesh crawl.

Indeed.
Howard Devoto of Magazine wrote an apt lyric: "my mind ain't so open, that any thing, could crawl right in".

The fact is, that although we enjoy a 'freedom of speech', there is a responsibility upon the broadcasters-of-words to use their powers in a responsible way.

Say a Sun newspaper has the headlines; "all Brighton fans are violent hooligans" - and after we protest, they then put "all the rest of England agree, despite BHA protests, where several people were arrested for disrupting the peace - and now it is proven that they are scum and should be thrown out of the league"
What do you know, there would be a growing number of 'ordinary Britons' who would believe the headlines, start turning up at our games to harrass us, and throw things. Thus leading to more trouble, where the Sun could single us out as a culture of violence and trouble, perhaps even succeeding in getting us more sanctions from the FA.
"Thanks Sun newspaper, entrusted with freedom of speech". How would we feel?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Oceanic said:
Those Muslims need to wake up and smell the coffee if they find these offensive, I found them funny as f***. There seems to be a rule for them and one for us.

m6.jpg

M1.jpg

m10.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m5.jpg

m9.jpg

I find the 4th picture of the man in a Palace shirt offensive.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BUTTERBALL said:
It was onlt a cartoon ffs!!!

Sure a mere characture to most of us but to a devout Moslem ahole different matter, be they wrong and we right. Naturally if you use the 'if they want to live in this country then they should except our customs and standards' card and you're automatically deemed a racist.

However try eating a pork chop in Saudi and see what happens then.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:
You are dead wrong to do so then. These are writer-artists who are setting out to ask difficult and complex questions about their identities from an informed perspective within their communities. Rushdie is from an Anglo-Asian Muslim background and the satire he created deserves to be defended as an example of free speech.

It is utterly wrong to compare that with these base, vicious, hateful cartoons which are incitements to racial and religious hatred and direct attacks on Muslim communities in those countries in which they were published.

It doesn't matter how often you or these these newspapers claim publishing these vicious lies are a matter of free speech. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO!

That would be like defending the Sun for its right to free speech after it published its Hillsborough lies about the people of Liverpool. And worse, all other newspapers REPRINTING those lies as an act of solidarity to the Sun as the Liverpool people rightly rose up to object against the vicious lies told about their football fans.

Lies are lies. This cartoonist is perpetuating a BIG LIE that the Muslim religion and Mohammed are inextricably linked to terrorism.

All civilised people must reject these defamations and demand the sacking of all the editors who made these appalling decisions to publish them.

OK fair enough, if it offends a religious group, let's BAN it. Imagine what else will go out with it.

And not that I want to defend the cartoons at all, but it's their interpretation which causes offence. The cartoon in itself is not a lie.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
London Irish said:
Cartoons portraying all Muslims as terrorists are absolutely f***ing thick. It's similar to portraying all Christians as Hitlers.

Bollox. Even if it was I doubt I would be marching around smashing things up and turning up at a foreign embassy with a f***ing AK47...........Muslims have to f***ing GROW UP AND JOIN THE f***ing 21ST CENTURY. STOP BEING OFFENDED OR f*** OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE:censored:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
London Irish said:
You are dead wrong to do so then. These are writer-artists who are setting out to ask difficult and complex questions about their identities from an informed perspective within their communities. Rushdie is from an Anglo-Asian Muslim background and the satire he created deserves to be defended as an example of free speech.

It is utterly wrong to compare that with these base, vicious, hateful cartoons which are incitements to racial and religious hatred and direct attacks on Muslim communities in those countries in which they were published.

It doesn't matter how often you or these these newspapers claim publishing these vicious lies are a matter of free speech. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO!

That would be like defending the Sun for its right to free speech after it published its Hillsborough lies about the people of Liverpool. And worse, all other newspapers REPRINTING those lies as an act of solidarity to the Sun as the Liverpool people rightly rose up to object against the vicious lies told about their football fans.

Lies are lies. This cartoonist is perpetuating a BIG LIE that the Muslim religion and Mohammed are inextricably linked to terrorism.

All civilised people must reject these defamations and demand the sacking of all the editors who made these appalling decisions to publish them.

Do any of those cartoons actually say that all muslims are evil, that they all harbour evil or perpertrate it themselves.What the cartoons show are muslim men and that of course is what is upsetting the people of islam.
There can be no doubt that it is muslim fundamentalists who are bombing people in the name of Allah so at what point these lunatics are getting so upset i cannot for the life of me work out.

P.S. I am a catholic and am against all the IRA atrocities and think the Spanish inquisition were very naughty boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here