Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslims against Crusades

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
The Daily Mail uses similar tactics as employed by the post i was responding to (as explained in my post) so I was drawing a parallel between the two to make a joke. Maybe you didn't think my joke was funny but then I don't think your username is funny so thanks for the tip.

But I'm not using my username as a debating tool whereas you're just re-hashing a cliche. You clearly weren't just making a joke, you were tarring your opponent with the label of being 'Daily Mail', the bete noir of all left of centre NSCers, to ridicule his views.

There's absolutely no need to mention the Daily Mail here but if you can't seem to debate without resorting to these 'jokes' then perhaps you're not so smart as you think you are. :thumbsup:

Edit - actually, physician heal thyself. I'd like to see evidence of these similar tactics. Cut and paste at your will.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We ll you dont you cliche spouting, Daily Mail parroting sheep.

...........and you are not allowed to use the Daily Mail as an insult. Try making jokes about the disabled instead, much more palatable.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

abattoir-jay-rayner-cow-m-006.jpg

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
...........and you are not allowed to use the Daily Mail as an insult. Try making jokes about the disabled instead, much more palatable.

You completely miss the point. You aren't now debating with anyone about the issues at hand. You're just chucking around 'Daily Mail' reader as an insult in lieu of a rational argument.

It's similar to the tactics employed by the right about the left when they come out with 'PC gone mad' or 'lefty Grauniad reader'. Just once I'd like to see NSC have a decent debate about something without these descents into shite.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

You and your small select bunch of lowbrow bottomfeeders are the only ones who consider the daily mail an insult. Seriously, it marks you out as dumb, nobody else is swallowing it.

I find it funny the Gaurdian advertises as a paper for free thinkers, ive never come across a more conformist, uniform, bunch of sheeple in my life.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You completely miss the point. You aren't now debating with anyone about the issues at hand. You're just chucking around 'Daily Mail' reader as an insult in lieu of a rational argument.

It's similar to the tactics employed by the right about the left when they come out with 'PC gone mad' or 'lefty Grauniad reader'. Just once I'd like to see NSC have a decent debate about something without these descents into shite.

Maybe including your opinion and debating on the subject matter and not jumping on and highlighting the use of newspapers to make a point would help you with that....Just a thought as it really is you who has derailed the debate not me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You and your small select bunch of lowbrow bottomfeeders are the only ones who consider the daily mail an insult. Seriously, it marks you out as dumb, nobody else is swallowing it.

I find it funny the Gaurdian advertises as a paper for free thinkers, ive never come across a more conformist, uniform, bunch of sheeple in my life.

I don't read the Guardian, but I can spell it.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Maybe including your opinion and debating on the subject matter and not jumping on and highlighting the use of newspapers to make a point would help you with that....Just a thought as it really is you who has derailed the debate not me.

Now that's just completely rubbish. My commentary is on how you've stopped debating and now just trading insults. You've as good as acknowledged this in your exchange with Looney and therefore have already derailed the debate by resorting to personal abuse.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Or maybe they had no evidence in the first instance and they did in the second.

Evidence for 170 arrests? That's like a total from a major football riot on the 80's! I bet the same coverage will not be given in the press as the story warrants.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now that's just completely rubbish. My commentary is on how you've stopped debating and now just trading insults. You've as good as acknowledged this in your exchange with Looney and therefore have already derailed the debate by resorting to personal abuse.

Trading insults with Looney is all part of the NSC experience.

As is debates getting derailed.

I am not complaining about debates being derailed whilst I derail them.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
All is not lost. You can still rescue it with letting us know your own thoughts rather than David Icke's.

You penis.

You said: There's absolutely no need to mention the Daily Mail here but if you can't seem to debate without resorting to these 'jokes' then perhaps you're not so smart as you think you are.

I say: There's absolutely no need to mention the David Icke here but if you can't seem to debate without resorting to these 'jokes' then perhaps you're not so smart as you think you are.

You are a hypocrite of the highest order congratulations.

The two quotations are from Adam Curtis, who made the BBC documentary "The Power of Nightmares".

You are a penis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here