Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslims against Crusades

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You're a bit niave if you think racism has some how vanished. It's just institutional now.
You've really got to stop making these sweeping '6th form common room' generalisations. On the whole Britain is not a racist country, institutionalised or otherwise. That's not to say of course that there are no racists or covertly racist organisations in Britain - there are. And they're not always white either.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The nitwit Lennon just broke his bail conditions again in another pathetic bid to garner support by his silly rooftop protest in Switzerland, so he will be going to jail soon (a political prisoner as far as EDL are concerned, a common career criminal as far as everybody else is concerned). most EDL have realised since their latest "National event' in Birmingham that not only disrupted the Birmingham RBL poppy day launch, but managed to attract less than 500 knuckle draggers, that their group is going nowhere fast, and shrinking...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
what am i supposed to do?????

What is the difference between yoghurt and Australia?

After 200 years yoghurt would develop some culture.

Sorry Australia, you know I love you but I couldn't resist!!!

Lol!:lol:...Sir,Sir!...Badfish is being racist about our Australian cousins.....:facepalm:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
jesus on a stick Derbygull thats a bit harsh! im sure you didnt mean to imply everyone in Great Britain was inherently racist.........did you?

You've really got to stop making these sweeping '6th form common room' generalisations. On the whole Britain is not a racist country, institutionalised or otherwise. That's not to say of course that there are no racists or covertly racist organisations in Britain - there are. And they're not always white either.

Why can't I make these statements? I lived in derby for nearly 4yrs. What I saw there was asians and whites living in separate neighbourhoods. The majority of asians in derby live in suburb called normanton. It's a really run down place in a state of disrepair. Apparently it used to be a white affluent neighbourhood. But when asians started arriving the whites scarpered. The whites live in suburbs like allestree on the edge of town, this is a clean place no grafiti or disrepair. And you won't see a non white face up there. Why is that? Is it because they don't want to live nr asians? The same can be said for the asians, why are they sticking to asian neighbourhood? Why aren't they integrating? And why are the asians living in such a grim neighbourhood, is it because they can't get work because no one will employ them? Why are a disproportionate amount of asians on benefits when compared to whites? I never saw this growing up in brighton, so it's easy to think from the comfort of your nice neighbourhood in sussex that england isn't racist, but I can assure it is.from what I've witnessed.

Last edited:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I would think that 99% of the people who could be classed as racist became that way because they are sick and tired of having another cultures beliefs forced upon them and seeing people getting preferential treatment from government departments because of their faith/culture/colour of their skin while the same people then go off on one saying how bad it is in Britain.

Oh and it doesn't just have to be "whites" hating the Muslims, come up to Harehills and Chapeltown in Leeds and watch the fun that kicks off when the Muslims, Sikh and people of darker skin colour decide to have a ruck. Normally good for a few dozen broken windows

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So Labour didn't let in millions of immigrants? Labour didn't take us into wars in muslim countries and labour always stick up for the indigenous British way of life?

How do you like those Bollocks?

Err............who led us into the Falklands and the first Iraq war?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Unlike Britain forcing their culture on countries around the world. As with most cultures, they will tend to group themselves together... When I lived in Saudi, the Expats did not integrate. Living here in Czech Republic, most of the expats live in an area called Vinohrady. Its human nature. Also, you cannot discount years of racial discrimination that has occurred, its better now, but its still underlying. I always like to ask for examples of people getting 'preferential treatment from government departments'. If you have a link (a seriousl link) to back up that sort of statement, im always interested to read them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would think that 99% of the people who could be classed as racist became that way because they are sick and tired of having another cultures beliefs forced upon them and seeing people getting preferential treatment from government departments because of their faith/culture/colour of their skin while the same people then go off on one saying how bad it is in Britain.

Really? I didn't know that Diwali, Ramadan, Yom Kippur and Eid were being forced upon me, thanks for letting me know.

I work for a government department, we deal with people according to their needs and abilities, it has nothing to do with faith/culture or colour of skin.

But don't let your victim status be coloured (geddit!) by facts.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Why can't I make these statements? I lived in derby for nearly 4yrs. What I saw there was asians and whites living in separate neighbourhoods. The majority of asians in derby live in suburb called normanton. It's a really run down place in a state of disrepair. Apparently it used to be a white affluent neighbourhood. But when asians started arriving the whites scarpered. The whites live in suburbs like allestree on the edge of town, this is a clean place no grafiti or disrepair. And you won't see a non white face up there. Why is that? Is it because they don't want to live nr asians? The same can be said for the asians, why are they sticking to asian neighbourhood? Why aren't they integrating? And why are the asians living in such a grim neighbourhood, is it because they can't get work because no one will employ them? Why are a disproportionate amount of asians on benefits when compared to whites? I never saw this growing up in brighton, so it's easy to think from the comfort of your nice neighbourhood in sussex that england isn't racist, but I can assure it is.from what I've witnessed.

But what of any of that shows that England is racist? and this BBC News - Half of young black people unemployed, says report shows that asian unemployment is lower than white unemployment.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Really? I didn't know that Diwali, Ramadan, Yom Kippur and Eid were being forced upon me, thanks for letting me know.

I work for a government department, we deal with people according to their needs and abilities, it has nothing to do with faith/culture or colour of skin.

Quite.

Someone will probably put it a lot better than me, but you just entirely justified Brovian's criticism. People living in Sussex can't generalise about racism but you can from one experience of living in Derby?

The problem I have with much of your debating is that you present everything with a ridiculous slant. Here you talk about the asian population living in a run-down area, but clearly make it somehow the fault of others.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So in your first post you clearly state the country as a whole is racist and in this one you completely contridict yourself by saying you didn't see any racism in Brighton. Make up your mind !!!!!

Also, using your very questionable example, why would a neighbourhood become a slum just because the white people moved out ? One would have thought the Asians moved there BECAUSE it was a nice place and you're suggesting that it was the Whites that made it a nice place ? Hmmm ..... I wonder who the racist is here ??? Why would the Asians allow a nice place to become a slum just because a certain race moved out ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Because they're wrong. You were making sweeping generalisations about Britain being a 'racist country'. No one is denying that there ARE racists, and like I said they're not always white. In the example you gave one could make a case that the reason you don't see white faces in certain areas is because the racist Asian majority has driven them out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Correct on all counts. We're not a particularly racist country. Indeed, we are reasonably tolerant - although probably not as tolerant as our election results might suggest because minor parties are by and large unable to get a foothold in this country.

Someone with your level of intelligence should really not be comparing either the Falklands war, of the first Gulf war with the one that Blair took us in to.
Fair comment - if you honestly believe a Tory government wouldn't have taken us into that Iraq war after George W requested our troops.

The Falkands have zero relevance on this debate, I don't know why anyone has brought them up.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Then try sending your kids to schools in the areas he mentioned , or see how many christian festivals are celebrated with as much enthusiasm by local authorities as opposed to muslim/hindu/sikh ones.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There are radicals on every side of the fence.

From a Muslim perspective I as much abhore Muslims who attack the poppy appeal as I do right wingers who denigrate Muslims.

I know of at least two families who lost relatives fighting for Britain in both World Wars who are Muslim. One family had their house firebombed by right wingers in the eighties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here