Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslim day at Alton Towers

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
lander14 said:
So i could go on to that Muslim site and buy a ticket or two yer?

Course you can. Make sure you take a packed lunch and some cold beer.

They are renaming "Rita" to "Sita" in honour of the Hindu God, not the refuse collection company of the same, totally accidental, name.

And Bob The Builder is being reworked as Bob the Suicide Bomber. I think they only expect to have one showing.

Oblivion is being reworked as "the Heaven of 57 Virgins" - as in "you press that button, you are blown to the Heaven of 57 virgins."

Not quite sure what they are doing with "The Towers", but I don't fancy working in Air Traffic Control that day.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Caveman said:
What is the male/female divide then? Do both sexes have to be kept apart? Couldn't they just not drink the booze and not eat the pork etc?

I think its more of a case of ignorance on both sides personally.

I think that is the point. One cannot really complain about any single interest group booking a commercial venture for a day. However, then enforcing a set of social conventions, e.g. men not allowed in childrens areas or women not allowed in mens areas, that are not only alien but offensive to the culture of our country is wrong. Next they will be letting Catholics in there. :nono:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:
The Rochester Diocese of the Church of England booked Butlins at Bognor Regis for 4 days at the end of January 2006.

What outrage did that cause?

Catholic Priests from the Westminster Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church did the same in November 2002.

"This is a priests-only roller coaster. Yu can't come on here today" :lolol:

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
algie said:
ONLY muslims are allowed in Alton Towers on the 17th sept.I find this disgracefull and racist.Why should they get preference over other religions?

What an absolute joke. Yet if they had a english only day or a white only day can you imagine the scenes. Remind me again we are in england arent we? FFS:angry:

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
yes i know. i apologise profusely to those who are english and muslim... it just angers me thats all. If i caused any offence, i am sorry.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
intertesting that american express book at out for days but there is no up in arms bollox then is there

get a life you lot

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Dies Irae said:
intertesting that american express book at out for days but there is no up in arms bollox then is there

get a life you lot

Do they ban the use of Barclaycards during that period?

Do they make the staff say "Amex? That'll do nicely" whenever they make a sale?

Do they have allocated areas for female Amex employees only, and enforce the observance of certain rules on the staff?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
HampshireSeagulls said:
Course you can. Make sure you take a packed lunch and some cold beer.

They are renaming "Rita" to "Sita" in honour of the Hindu God, not the refuse collection company of the same, totally accidental, name.

And Bob The Builder is being reworked as Bob the Suicide Bomber. I think they only expect to have one showing.

Oblivion is being reworked as "the Heaven of 57 Virgins" - as in "you press that button, you are blown to the Heaven of 57 virgins."

Not quite sure what they are doing with "The Towers", but I don't fancy working in Air Traffic Control that day.

good to see there's no horrific stereotypes at play here then....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What are the stips for female employees at Alton towers?

Do they have to cover their heads?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Raphael Meade said:
good to see there's no horrific stereotypes at play here then....

We call it "racial profiliing" these days...

It's Sunday, it's an easy target, and I can't be arsed to think too hard this evening. I was just lazy agitating.

At the school in which I am currently working, we had a Queen's birthday lunch. It being a Catholic school, there was no consideration for religious sensitivities, and hotdogs were duly served up to all. In the Reception/Year 1 class we have two Muslims. One of them realised that the pork sausage was not really conducive to following the tenets of his religion, and waved it in the air to get the attention of the teacher. At which point the other little Muslim boy (who is not quite so bothered) whipped it out of his hand and ate it! When asked (as the Teaching Assistant had gone into total panic mode at this, envisioning lawsuits galore), he said that it didn't matter, because they had hotdogs at home, but his Dad had told him to tell people that they didn't, but he trusted his teacher not to tell his Dad!

Both little boys make the sign of the cross and take part in all religious activity, and neither have been struck down by lightning yet!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
FalmerforAll!** said:
Your decision to leave NSC for a while swung into FULL effect didn't it?

Yep then /england got knocked out.:)

Attachments

• die.jpg
    die.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 104

HampshireSeagulls said:

Do they have allocated areas for female Amex employees only, and enforce the observance of certain rules on the staff?
Whatever they do, why is it any of your business?

Now come on, don't you military types run enough Muslim countries at the moment to really want to start running the lives of British Muslims going to a theme park? :p

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
looney said:
What are the stips for female employees at Alton towers?

Do they have to cover their heads?

I very much doubt it....although that would be a step too far imo

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Something curious happened last week that isn't completely unrelated to this. I was working away with a new team last week. One guy would only eat his breakfast alone in his room and although the tables manners of the rest of us aren't great I wondered why.

Turns out the guy is a muslem and as we 'non believers' all ate a hearty breakfast with bacon and sausages thrown in his religion found that offensive. Not a personal thing but I think it partially explains why muslims want their own day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
HampshireSeagulls said:

But why should that matter one jot?

If they book the place and ask for certain restrictions and they pay for it, then what is the problem?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Boss said:
Muslim day at Alton Towers - Who cares? Not me!

Now if there was a "Ginger day":angry: :angry: :angry:

Now that would be totally unacceptable in a free and democratic society

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When I did a bit of holiday work for my Dad he used to take me to his luncheon club - The Hove Club. Women were not allowed to eat at the main table and you had to wear a tie to at all times.

Discrimination? Not at all.

Is there a problem? I really don't think so. Get a grip people! If you can't go on that day as you are not muslim, you have plenty of other days to go. I really don't see the issue here. Shit stirring press have managed to reel in those lacking in empathy and common sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here