Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslim day at Alton Towers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dandyman said:
As far as I can see a muslim organisation has booked the whole place in the same way a big company might. It is NOT Alton Towers that have declared a muslim only day.

If that is the case there no case to answer so to speak - no different from a corporate booking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got to question the motives of the shit-stirrers in this particular thread. Their parents and their kids must be very proud of them :nono:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Read the first post and was a bit gobsmacked. When all the finer details are put in front of you it's not half as bad. Then Looney's point (initially outrageous about the date) was put right.

You can make anything sound bad with selective quoting.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Which is the case, so all the people going spastic about it bing racist etc look more than a little bit daft. If Alton Towers did it, then fine, it's crazy, but the fact is the park's been booked by a private group who can let who the f*** they like in or gear it to whatever theme they bloody well want.

Voice of common sense :clap: :clap: :clap:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
bhaexpress said:
Voice of common sense :clap: :clap: :clap:

Partially right I think. Private groups can indeed invite who they like. However, try booking Alton Towers and saying only white cristians can attend. See how far you get!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Timbo said:
Partially right I think. Private groups can indeed invite who they like. However, try booking Alton Towers and saying only white cristians can attend. See how far you get!

:clap:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
My mistake then. The 7th of July doesnt fall between the 6th and the 9th of July.

Its about freedom of Association. If they want a knees up together why not? The same goes for any other group. If they want to spend there dough on hiring a theme park why not? who's to say they cant or the park owners cant take the money. If the BNP wanted to hire the park I wouldn't have a problem with it either.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's nothing.

We had a council out here ban ham sandwiches because they might offend minorities.

Political Correctness gone mad.

Banning Christmas carols at school is starting to become popular too.

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
This is a private booking, they can stipulate what they want - however i do not believe that non-moslem groups would have found it so easy to enforce restrictions had they tried.

People are bending over backwards to avoid offending Moslems yet still they say they are persecuted - I have visited many moslem countries and I fitted in with their culture. My experience is found it to be a hypocritcal religion. It is certainly not a two way street as far as their tolerance of non-moslems is concerned.

imho opinion suspicion and mistrust (verging on racism) is on the increase simply becase people feel 'their culture' is being diluted. I don't think most people are really that arsed until they feel that they are being affected personally. But when they read about things like this over and over again in the media then xenophobia creeps in.

Personally i dont' think this booking is that big a deal but i do feel that judgements need to be consistent and they are not.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
looney said:
If the BNP wanted to hire the park I wouldn't have a problem with it either.

The BNP wouldn't be able to work out how to fill in the relevant forms.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And why not?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If it is a private booking then so be it, would anyone complain if NSC booked Southcoast World at Bognor for a weekend shindig with only wearers of the stripes welcome, I doubt it. If you book somewhere up for a reason then that is your business, so what if it is an islamic organisation.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
AlexFrutos said:
If true, that is disgusting and racist.

I'm not anti-Muslim in any way, but could you imagine the outrage if Alton Towers designated a "Christians Only" day?

exactly

what a joke

The Rochester Diocese of the Church of England booked Butlins at Bognor Regis for 4 days at the end of January 2006.

What outrage did that cause?

Catholic Priests from the Westminster Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church did the same in November 2002.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
algie said:
You don't get it do you?

If the muslim council hired the venue out for the day,why don't they simply say that we have banned gambling and booze on this day but everyone is WELCOME.Why distant themselves big man?The fact is they don't want to intergrate
Totally irrelevant to my point.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here