Musical guilty pleasure

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
:rave:

5,6,7,8 yes yes steps!

It was the last thing on my mind when i arrived home but due to the day ive had its better best forgotten. Without a jumper I was a deeper shade of blue, which was a tragedy in itself but better the devil you know, back to my sunday best, a chain reaction followed, my heartbeat jumped when I saw olivia newton john, with her, loves got a hold of my heart but as before, thanks travolta, as Im left to reflect after the love has gone so Im gonna stomp for this summer of love as its the way you make me feel.

That is f***ing brilliant! They remind me so much of the late nineties; Nokia phones, Human Traffic (the film), quality pills, Albion back home after the Gillingham years, decent fruit machines, banging a 16 year-old bird. Fantastic time! :thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
That is f***ing brilliant! They remind me so much of the late nineties; Nokia phones, Human Traffic (the film), quality pills, Albion back home after the Gillingham years, decent fruit machines, banging a 16 year-old bird. Fantastic time! :thumbsup:

Quality times indeed, although at my age if Id been banging a 16 year old they might have locked me up.:D

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Glen Medeiros!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Does anyone else here have a guilty pleasure that is far from what they usually listen to?

For me it's Take That :glare:

Generally HATE pop boy bands but there is something about Gary and the boys (excluding that cock Robbie)

[yt]N2ICtCO8TCw[/yt] [yt]yoO_1FFr56k[/yt]

:thumbsup: :lolol:

Take That for me, and i bought boy zones greatest hits:blush::flounce:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have a few more of mine:

Daphne & Celeste - Ooh Stick You (I won't subject you to the video but I love that song).

Kenny Rogers - Coward of the County

And this is particularly bad Eurotrash hit by Army of Lovers - Crucified.

[yt]vYT2aWavXlc[/yt]

My credibility lies in tatters.

Oooh stick you, ya mama too (and your daddy)...

How the hell I remember that I don't know. But Coward Of The County is a CLASSIC not a shameful secret.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, here's my list of shame ...

The Feeling (yes they're massively derivative but just so darned catchy. The musical equivalent of Quavers)
ELO - treated with scorn and disdain by all right thinking rock/punk/new wave fans mid to late Seventies. But you can't help singing along when they're on the radio
Sweet/Mud/Suzi Quatro etc - the whole glam rock/Chinn Chapman axis. Cheesey but great fun.
70s disco - KC & The Sunshine Band, Kool & The Gang, Hues Corporation, Rose Royce etc
70s prog - Yes, King Crimson, early Genesis, even (dare I say it) a bit of ELP. Sometimes only something complicated and poncey with ridiculous lyrics will do.

:facepalm:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
ELO surely the finest purveyors of guilty pleasure known to man since wanking into your mum's bra.

Also think hall & Oates are tremendous, vastly underated as is cuddly toy by roachford.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My one and only (probably) guilty pleasure...

Wet_Wet_Wet_-_Popped_In_Souled_Out-front.jpg

The rest - The Carpenters, Aphrodite's Child, Herb Alpert - I just don't feel guilty about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here