We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Craig David
Simply Red
Kylie
Vanessa Carlton
Ronan Keating

Plenty of cheesy 80s stuff, Cyndi Lauper, Hall & Oates, Katrina & The Waves, Spandau Ballet, A-ha..

Also lots of 90s dance, mainly for the nostalgia. Robert Miles, York, ATB, Alice Deejay, Safri Duo..

Bear in mind 'guilty pleasures' is subjective, so some of this may not be considered guilty to others!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Take That are one of the best Boy Bands this country has ever produced and Gary Barlow is one of the country's greatest ever songwriters so its hardly a guilty secret.

I LOVE East 17 - Stay another day.

Absolute nonsense. "one of the greatest ever songwriters" my arse.

Realistically, to have that accolade thrust upon you, you would need to be in the top 20 UK songwriters ever. He clearly isn't anywhere near that. I doubt he'd break the top 100 (even probably the top 200), his Ivor Novello award notwithstanding. Is he up there with Rod Temperton, Difford and Tilbrook, Morrissey, Lennon and McCartney, Ray Davies, Kate Bush, Bowie, Cat Stevens, John Martyn, Phil Collins, Richard Thompson, Martin Gore, Roger Waters, George Michael, Bernie Taupin, Radiohead, Kirsty MacColl, Mick Fleetwood?

Look, there's 20 right there off the top of my head that are miles better. Better songwriter than Duran Duran? Human League? Oasis? Hollies? Slade? Not a bloody chance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I love some really cheesy songs but this is a particular favourite of mine. I love this song.

Rubettes - Sugar Baby Love
[yt]3X7PvU6qYEA[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Have a few more of mine:

Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
[yt]59BZxgohr9g[/yt]

Daphne & Celeste - Ooh Stick You (I won't subject you to the video but I love that song).

Bill Wyman - Je Suis un rockstar

Kenny Rogers - Coward of the County

Cicero - Love is Everywhere

Everthing Debbie Gibson ever did

Most of Bananarama's output.

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

And this is particularly bad Eurotrash hit by Army of Lovers - Crucified.

[yt]vYT2aWavXlc[/yt]

My credibility lies in tatters.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good bit of 80's stuff indeed. I am sure one of the twins has recorded his own album recently. May be mistaken though

Agree completely. Luke Goss has a career playing baddies in movies in Hollywood and Matt Goss reinvented himself as a Vegas crooner. I think he had a sell-out show at the Albert Hall recently. Apparently, he's very good. Craig Logan married Kim Appleby from Mel and Kim and became a big noise behind the scenes in the music biz.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ha ha. Thing is he does LIKE Barry Manilow. I have been on hols with him and its on his ipod!!

Indeed in Lithuania (unbeknownst to me) he filmed me singing along to Barry as it came on HIS ipod.

Think it was either Mandy or Cant Smile Without You.

Can't smile without you I think. I'll try to re-load onto FBook and then you and Hove Seagull can see it in all it's glory - including that thing you had sticking out of your flies.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
James Blunt as well. Well....one version of one of his songs in particular. I love his re-making of You're Beautiful into 'My Triangle'. Big kudos to him for this.

[yt]o2Z6tDSb6c8[/yt]

Oct 25, 2003
James Blunt as well. Well....one version of one of his songs in particular. I love his re-making of You're Beautiful into 'My Triangle'. Big kudos to him for this.

[yt]o2Z6tDSb6c8[/yt]

not keen on his songs but he always come's across as a WELL nice bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously at all

that's my take on the matter anyway

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Heard this on the radio the other day - an absolute 80s classic of a guilty pleasure.

[yt]Tfq3GtS-5lk[/yt]

Sep 1, 2010
Agree completely. Luke Goss has a career playing baddies in movies in Hollywood and Matt Goss reinvented himself as a Vegas crooner. I think he had a sell-out show at the Albert Hall recently. Apparently, he's very good. Craig Logan married Kim Appleby from Mel and Kim and became a big noise behind the scenes in the music biz.

Ohhhh some good knowledge there. Loving this bute at the moment

[yt]140ea47ndME[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here