had a chance to either see supertramp or ac/dc
chose to go to supertramp,

it was the last gig before bon scott died :down:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Going to an E-Male gig...

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWRMvC8mXAA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWRMvC8mXAA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Had a ticket to see the prodigy at the brighton centre but instead went to the event to some freshers ball where Mike FLowers Pops was playing simply because my mates wanted to pull some fresher birds. I did realise the error of my ways and saw the second half of the prodigy in the end but still regret missing the first half and none of my mates pulled either.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Travelled up to the Lyceum in London in 1980 to see the Buzzcocks.

"Let's give the support band a miss and go the bar for a beer or two before the Buzzcocks start their set."

That support band, it turns out, were Joy Division.

I never got the chance to see them again, and have regretted it to this very day.

Ever since, I've always made a point of checking out the support band at a gig, and still do (although I've seen and heard some utter shite as a result!).

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Travelled up to the Lyceum in London in 1980 to see the Buzzcocks.

"Let's give the support band a miss and go the bar for a beer or two before the Buzzcocks start their set."

That support band, it turns out, were Joy Division.

I never got the chance to see them again, and have regretted it to this very day.

Ever since, I've always made a point of checking out the support band at a gig, and still do (although I've seen and heard some utter shite as a result!).

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

The suppport bands around 1979-1981 were quite amazing sometimes, especially at the Sunday night Lyceum gigs.

Among many others around that time, I first got to see U2, Depeche Mode, The Beat, Teardrop Explodes, and UB40 that way.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Foo Fighters

I was the luckiest man alive when I got tickets to see the Foo's at the Concorde in Brighton. Now I realise that I can never see them again without making the comparison to that gig. It will never be the same again..... boo hoo..... sniffle........

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Missing out on the Who/Spencer Davis tour when it came to the Fairfield Halls Croydon in 1966.

I caught up with the Who at Live Aid (minus Moony of course by then sadly) but never had a chance to see Spencer Davis again, they broke up in 1967 and have never reformed though Spencer himself does gigs under the SDG label.

Stevie Winwood seems to have gone off the touring now, I think he's in America.
Muff his brother went into production.

Pete York???

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
At Reading festival 2003 I decided to stay in the tent and watch boring welshies Feeder cos it was raining a bit, rather than go and watch Sheffield legends Pulp play what turned out to be one of their last ever gigs. Idiot.

that doesn't count as a mistake - two fantastic bands

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The suppport bands around 1979-1981 were quite amazing sometimes, especially at the Sunday night Lyceum gigs.

Among many others around that time, I first got to see U2, Depeche Mode, The Beat, Teardrop Explodes, and UB40 that way.

Too right.

I've seen Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Talking Heads, Blondie, The Buzzcocks, Suicide, The Stranglers and Altered Images as support bands

You hardly see any decent support acts these days

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
When I was about 17 a mate said there was an American band called R.E.M playing in a small club in Worthing. I couldn't even be bothered to go...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A mate of mine had a spare ticket for an up and coming band who were playing at the fairly intimate Astoria in London that evening. "Fancy coming along to see what all the fuss is about? There's quite a big buzz about them" he asked...but I gave it a swerve, think it would be the usual landfill indie.

Thereby foregoing a chance to see OASIS. Brilliant.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
we had an invite to go to hank 111 private news years party at his house, where he played and down played, with free beer all night. However the wife wanted to stay in Nashville for the night and couldent be bothered to drive to his flea pit !! As she was the only one insured for our trip (cheaper as she still has yank drvin L) i had to stay in Nashville and although a good night............It still pisses me off no end.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I had the opportunity to see Pearl Jam open their UK account at the Borderline, but turned it down as at the time I didn't like the debut album, which ironically is now one of my favourite albums of all time. Doh!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Watching support band Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Dome and then staying to see main act Goldorn Earing.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I had the opportunity to see the Clash. Nope, having a drink in a pub was a better idea, thinking I can see them any day. What a fool, Jones was sacked soon after and the Clash were effectively over.

Record wise: Neil Finn solo Album (the name escapes me, cos its so underplayed). Crowded house maybe great, but on his own, well utter gash doesn't come into it.

Squeeze: Now I love Squeeze, but their first album was utter turd. At least they admit it themselves.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Being born in 1974, and thus having the eighties as my main musical upbringing.

My dad, on the other hand, saw Hendrix, The Who and Pink Floyd amongst many others whilst at Brighton Uni, whereas I had to put up with Dead or Alive and a reincarnation of Boney M when I was at Nottingham.

Also, having to answer "Adamski - Space Cowboy" to the question "what is the first single you ever bought?"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With a couple of honourable exceptions (Primal Scream, Arctic Monkeys) a simple rule of thumb is to spurn, as you would a rabid dog, anyone who ever won the Mercury Music Prize. Yes I mean YOU Roni Size, Talvin Singh, Antony And the Johnsons, Gomez, Badly Drawn boy etc etc etc

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Thinking that the Gaslight Anthem were a pretty obscure band on a small American punk label that not many people would have heard of, and therefore leaving it too late to get a ticket to seem them at the C2, the likes of which i suspect they won't be playing again anytime soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here