Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music mistakes you've made.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Having a ticket for Zeppelin at Earls Court and flogging it for face value to a mate cos I didn't have enough money for the train fare . . . then later finding two quid in a jeans pocket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You say that; they were really pushing the boundaries of, erm, Irish-American themed party rap with their follow up Top Of The Mornin' To Ya - "you see I'm Irish but I'm not a leprechaun, you wanna fight with me then step up and we'll get it on". (Why do I have this crap in my head? I haven't even googled that. I think I need a holiday.)

Anyway - clearly almost Sgt Pepper or Pet Sounds-like, the way they were striving to reinvent their art form.

"Corned beef and cabbage, if I'm gonna manage" is a line which has stuck with me. Genius.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
also....World Party album purchased on the strength of one song. can't remember what song it was and really don't want to look for the CD in case i'm tempted to play it.

Probably one of the few CDs I've ever given away. Very clever stuff, sounds like Dylan, sounds like the Byrds, sounds like George Harrison, sounds like ... hold on, I've got the real Dylan, Byrds, Harrison, why couldn't Wallinger be original? Just ended up really annoying me.

I hadn't the money to buy a Strat off a lad who'd caught it at a Worthing gig, for £100 when he was off to Uni as a hard-up student.
Apparently, the musician had just strolled to stagefront and tossed it to him at the end of his show.
This was in 1971, when said musician was still only recently deceased, and not yet seen as a maligned loss to the World as an utter legend.

My parents wouldn't give me the money because they'd only just got me a Strat copy and a nice amp.

So Jimi's guitar went begging. :cry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Remembered two more:

Going to see Busted (I won tickets and was going out with someone that liked them)
Going to see the Vengaboys (I'd been drinking all day when someone suggested it, they were playing a mile away)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
worst experience of my life.....mate in london said he would take me to a real reggae evening....was a shabba ranks concert..somewhere in Islington.i was the only white guy there and stayed about 10 minutes after fearing for my life

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
awesome evening!

Golden Earing where immense

Was this in 1974?

I remember seeing Golden Earing around then - they were pretty good IIRC. I do remember the support band were so awful that I spent my time in the bar. I very rarely did that in those days but if that was Lynard Skynnard that explains everything.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
tconcerts:
ori amos- 2 hours of intolerable nonsense.
walter trout - 2 hourse of intolerable self indulgent widdling.
wishbone ash - 2 hourse of intolerable self indulgent widdling.
Neil Diamond - I hate him, his music and most of his fans. Why oh why did i go to a concert with my wife and several of her neil diamond loving fans??

I own possibly the worst album in the world - david bowie instrumental album. It is truly truly horrific.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Having a ticket for Zeppelin at Earls Court and flogging it for face value to a mate cos I didn't have enough money for the train fare . . . then later finding two quid in a jeans pocket.

:eek:

A schoolmate of mine kept on about Eric Clapton when he was playing gigs in pubs in SE London about 1964.

I eventually caught up with him on the Dylan/Clapton tour in 1978 at the Feyrenoord in Rotterdam, and he was CRAP....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here