Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at withdean

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry but the music and whole pre-game is woeful.

Sound system wise, this will surely improve at Falmer. But the music selection is dreadful.

Feb 14, 2010
No roof, a wet seat, shit football, shit PA system, shit punk.. I love being a Brighton fan. Will be a sad day when we are good again

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
yeah true, I forgot about the australians, but they still listen to whitesnake or some shit australian soft rock bank, wear white trainers with faded jeans, have a perm and are called Bruce or Sheila

No, I was talking about Albion fans at matches - you know, the topic of this thread.

Seriously, you think 'almost everyone' at Withdean/Falmer would choose to hear reggae?!

:wozza:

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
The pre match set up is dire at best. It is not a matter of what music you like but what appeals to the generation we are trying to get back watching the Albion. If that is chart music, so be it. That mixed with some stirring stuff like what we had at the Millenium might help. And an announcer / DJ with a bit of flair and passion in his voice. I recall the guy in the hospitality room was not at all bad.

Please, something has to change before Falmer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it really matter as it is only for 15 minutes and if you are in the in the North Stand you cant hear properly anyway. Not my choice but for 15 mins I prefer it to anythinmg from 1990 onwards. I would prefer the 60s which is widely acknowledged as the most popular as shown if you have a family gathering that is the music everybody gets up to dance to.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I would prefer the 60s which is widely acknowledged as the most popular as shown if you have a family gathering that is the music everybody gets up to dance to.

Younger people are more likely to know 60s music and, if not, be more open to unknown music.

Older people are less likely to know recent music and less likely to be receptive to the unknown.

Oh, and 60s' music is basic in terms of composition/structure, so easier to get into if you don't know it/are very young.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is beyond a joke this and basically sums up Withdean that each week we have to endure his sh1te record collection of punk rock as he is stuck in a time warp.

If the club persist and take this to Falmer it will just show the limited ambitions however I am sure Bloom knows the score and we will have a professional PA at then new stadium more in tune with the supporters.

Frankly the "club" response was very poor as well. My youngest asks each home game what on earth is this music and the club need to attract a large future young fan base.

It could be worse, at least he hasnt done any of his limericks for a while.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A bit of Wagner would do the trick.

Feb 14, 2010
As Brighton is a nightclub city, then what about asking some local dj's to play a set between 2-245 before the game when at Falmer? Could have a DJ competition. May get the kids in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here