Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at withdean

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
OK - his choice of music is tiresome, but who, over than those in the family stand with children, is actually in the ground any more than 5-10 minutes before kick off?

Why on EARTH would you want to spend MORE time than is neccessary at Withdean?! To watch the players warm-up?! To watch Gully's Gir..ahh, you old PERVS, you...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's Attila's gig at the moment, and until somebody takes it off him, you'll all have to 'suffer' his impeccable choice of tunes. Them's the rules. Suggest an alternative.

Besides, who in their right minds gets to Withdean more than about five minutes before kick-off? :shrug:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The music that is best is the stuff gully girls dance to...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's Attila's gig at the moment, and until somebody takes it off him, you'll all have to 'suffer' his impeccable choice of tunes. Them's the rules. Suggest an alternative.

Besides, who in their right minds gets to Withdean more than about five minutes before kick-off? :shrug:

Ummm...we've suggested alternatives. Lots of them and a lot of us in the family stand arrive earlyish and it's that crowd that Atilla alienates the most with his trip into Rock n Roll history.

Is the gig open to anyone because I reckon there'd be loads of us willing to take on the mantle on a guest appearance basis. Seriously, just because he's got the gig doesn't mean he has to have things all his way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ummm...we've suggested alternatives. Lots of them and a lot of us in the family stand arrive earlyish and it's that crowd that Atilla alienates the most with his trip into Rock n Roll history.

Is the gig open to anyone because I reckon there'd be loads of us willing to take on the mantle on a guest appearance basis. Seriously, just because he's got the gig doesn't mean he has to have things all his way.

No reason why yourself, Ponce Mohammed Buzzer, shouldn't apply for the gig. Your Friday night selections are pretty damn immaculate IMHO. Maybe lay down a challenge to Attila by touting a Britpop playlist say? Bit of Oasis, follow it up with St Etienne, etc etc could easily fill the time. What would be not to like? :thumbsup:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Who cares about his generation, its the same shit week in week out. New stadium = fresh ideas all round including the PA announcers and music etc. Sorry Attila but you are not going to get the kids rocking playing the dire crap you have been serving up at Withdean the last 10 years. If we want a new generation of fans at the Scoomarena Soccerbase then we need a whole match experience and I'm sorry but The Clash and Sham 69 are not really part of that equation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is beyond a joke this and basically sums up Withdean that each week we have to endure his sh1te record collection of punk rock as he is stuck in a time warp.

If the club persist and take this to Falmer it will just show the limited ambitions however I am sure Bloom knows the score and we will have a professional PA at then new stadium more in tune with the supporters.

Frankly the "club" response was very poor as well. My youngest asks each home game what on earth is this music and the club need to attract a large future young fan base.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
No idea what he does for a living the rest of the year, but Graham, the announcer at the County Ground for one day games (and many Championship games) is fantastic. I think I read somewhere that he'd done a few national games too.

The Albion should get him in at Falmer.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
It is beyond a joke this and basically sums up Withdean that each week we have to endure his sh1te record collection of punk rock as he is stuck in a time warp.

If the club persist and take this to Falmer it will just show the limited ambitions however I am sure Bloom knows the score and we will have a professional PA at then new stadium more in tune with the supporters.

Frankly the "club" response was very poor as well. My youngest asks each home game what on earth is this music and the club need to attract a large future young fan base.

This.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The sound system is so bad that whatever was played would sound awful, and I was never a big punk fan in the 1st place so imagine how irritating I find it after however many years :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
I love punk myself, although loads of it is shit - as it was meant to be. But keep it a single classic track from SLF, UK Subs or maybe Brighton's finest, Peter and the test tube babies.

Can I ask for a bit of reggae.. almost everyone likes a bit of Bob Marley and harry J's All Stars The Liquidator and maybe some of the old Madchester stuff for our old casuals.

After that Attilla, afraid mate you have to sling on what is up to date

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Fair play to him for doing it for so long. However, it needs a complete change. His announcements (ie when he is reading the scores) are difficult to hear and he does not whip up the atmosphere at all in any way. Musically, I respect his choices but whether they are right for match day is another matter. There needs to be a complete update of the music and it needs to be up-tempo to get the crowd going.

Feb 14, 2010
Fair play to him for doing it for so long. However, it needs a complete change. His announcements (ie when he is reading the scores) are difficult to hear and he does not whip up the atmosphere at all in any way. Musically, I respect his choices but whether they are right for match day is another matter. There needs to be a complete update of the music and it needs to be up-tempo to get the crowd going.

careful mae we dont want naff american type rubbish or the sign of every shit club - playing music when a goal is scored. The crowd get an atmosphere going, well if the stewards dont tell everyone to sit down and shut up that is, not the announcer. the PA bloke should just play the tunes, announce teams / scores and then shut up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here