Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at withdean

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally ENOUGH is ENOUGH with the Atilla the Saxondale music. Im not advocating that we play the Radio 1 playlist but...there really does need to be an updating of the music.

Popular music is the way forward. It should NOT be the plaything of an ageing punk rocker.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Being of a certain generation, the music is fine by me, but I understand others criticisms. A mix of music would be good as long as it doesn't include any of the following
- Glad All Over - for obvious reasons
- The Liquidator
- Simply The Best
- We Are The Champions (or anything by Queen, come to that).

scooter1

How soon is now?
Do you pay less royalties to play one song FIFTY times, than if you play 25 songs twice each, then?...

I was being flippant. I'm not sure how it works, I know that we pay about £150 a year to allow our guys in despatch to have a radio on.
And up until abut 5 years ago I used to randomly get cheques from them for about £1.50(yes, thats one pound fifty) as some club somewhere in Sheffield played a record that I played on, every now and again

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I like it when I can ever hear it on the Tannoy on our side, away grounds often have awful bland and predictible music and the tannoys at places like Huddersfield and Charlton are often painfully loud.

Did we not come out in some Burton survey the other year as having the most fans that listen to classical music, how about some Ralph Vaughan Williams.

Beating that 'the fish brothers live'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah! Nothing predictable about Atilla's music. I've no way of knowing whether it's going to be a punk song from 78 or a punk song from 79 sometimes.

Ooh, he's a tease.

Indeed. Oh the excitement of waiting to see whether he'll play 'I fought the law' and THEN 'Teenage Kicks', or Teenage Kicks, THEN 'I fought the law'.

Would hate it if it were predictable.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Indeed. Oh the excitement of waiting to see whether he'll play 'I fought the law' and THEN 'Teenage Kicks', or Teenage Kicks, THEN 'I fought the law'.

You beat me to that, I am a massive Clash fan but even im getting a bit sick of I FOUGHT THE LAW. Can he just not play IM SO BORED OF THE USA instead.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
OK I'm an oldie. Pre Beatles was my youth music scene but I have enjoyed much of the music that has been produced in the last few decades. However I have never understood the stuff that Attila plays. It's a 'orrible noise as far as I'm concerned and judging from the young and old around me in G block, I'm not alone. I do agree that the pre match experience should be firing the crowd up especially on Family days. Give the youngsters something they know. A bit of variety which includes Attila's stuff would be most welcome.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What does he actually have time to play? About 4 songs?

Lady Gaga - Poker Face - for the young'uns
Muse - Starlight - dramatic and loud
FBS - Right here, right now - cos its Norm
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks :jester:

Then GOSBTS, as the team jog out to another inevitable capitulation...

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008

The music really does need a sort out and a fresh face behind the PA system really would'nt go amiss ! Even the clash would be sick of hearing it played that many times!!! even if at least one modern chart hit was mixed in it would be a start.:US:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The music really does need a sort out and a fresh face behind the PA system really would'nt go amiss !

I'm not advocating kicking Attilla out. I'm sure he gives up his time for nothing, and does it all for the love, as it were. I'd just like him to actually serve the club / crowd, rather than using it purely as an oppotrtunity to indulge his own tastes.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
The music really does need a sort out and a fresh face behind the PA system really would'nt go amiss ! Even the clash would be sick of hearing it played that many times!!! even if at least one modern chart hit was mixed in it would be a start.:US:

Absolutely - completely agree with all of this. Never known a voice at a football ground come across over the tannoy so drab and dull and with a playlist to suit too! Stuck in the 70s springs to mind. The way in which the HT / FT results are read out too, somtimes in a completely random order of leagues and the way it is broadcasted really gets on my tits. OUT NOW!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really pissed off with Insider's response. I'm not suggesting that we have to all listen to Simon Cowell's latest offering, just something a bit different and up-to-date and it's not necessarily what Atilla likes - it's about his audience. We've listened to his stuff so how about something for a different generation.

And please please please no more Undertones or Clash.

Please.

Last edited:

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
I'm not advocating kicking Attilla out. I'm sure he gives up his time for nothing, and does it all for the love, as it were. I'd just like him to actually serve the club / crowd, rather than using it purely as an oppotrtunity to indulge his own tastes.

He's done loads for this club and there's no denying that . but perhaps a guiding hand on the music front to help him along :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here