Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at withdean

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Anyone else agree with the two post on ask the club, yer man the stock brooker, or what ever his name is really aint the best is he? Ok his been an albion fan since the ice age and all that, done great things for the club, but his taste in music aint the best is it? Really is about time he moved on with the times and played some decent music, Oh and the gary hart thing, why do they wet there selfs with excitment when he comes on like his the saviour or something, when did he last score a first team goal?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's an age thing, innit. The failure of this generation (and a couple before) to start a movement as musically potent as Attila's generation did, means we are still better off listening to his offerings......but then I'm 49.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd much rather listen to what Atilla plays than the current chart offerings.

As I one-off, you would be right, and the away fans must listen to Teenage Kicks, and I fought the law, and think, 'the music is well good here'.

However, after listening to Teenage Kicks at every home game for ten years, it could be considered just a tiny bit tiresome.

As the ATC post alluded to, you've got a family day at the Withdean - the FS and the East Stand were full of kiids, and youngsters, school groups, football clubs, etc. These are the people we need to get hooked on the Albion matchday experience.

Playing them records from their embarrassing late-middle aged punk uncle's vinyl collection will not help with that. Whether or not you or I prefer The Undertones to Lady Gaga or Muse, really isn't the point.

In so many respects the club is beginning to wake up and start to move forward. Here is one more case, where there is no reason for that not to be so.

It's an age thing, innit. The failure of this generation (and a couple before) to start a movement as musically potent as Attila's generation did, means we are still better off listening to his offerings......but then I'm 49.

Did his generation only ever produce 7 records?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I must agree, the music hardly lifts the atmosphere, never heard music like it at any other ground ive been to.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
get the tannoy sorted out and the music would defently help atmos at withdean wich i thought at a small cost BLAST OUT GOSBTS AS LOAD AS POSS

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I'm 24 and I like the music personally.The main issue is the fact that there is only 15 mins before the game to ramp up the atmosphere.At falmer it would be great to incorperate attilla's music (which does include famous brighton bands) and then something more recent as well.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
As I one-off, you would be right, and the away fans must listen to Teenage Kicks, and I fought the law, and think, 'the music is well good here'.

However, after listening to Teenage Kicks at every home game for ten years, it could be considered just a tiny bit tiresome.

As the ATC post alluded to, you've got a family day at the Withdean - the FS and the East Stand were full of kiids, and youngsters, school groups, football clubs, etc. These are the people we need to get hooked on the Albion matchday experience.

Playing them records from their embarrassing late-middle aged punk uncle's vinyl collection will not help with that. Whether or not you or I prefer The Undertones to Lady Gaga or Muse, really isn't the point.

In so many respects the club is beginning to wake up and start to move forward. Here is one more case, where there is no reason for that not to be so.

:thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm 24 and I like the music personally.The main issue is the fact that there is only 15 mins before the game to ramp up the atmosphere.At falmer it would be great to incorperate attilla's music (which does include famous brighton bands) and then something more recent as well.

Oh god, no!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here