Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

murray

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone except 4-5 idiots, were singing his name at Brentford.

Next excuse...

I said constantly....as in over months and months. When you're already unsettled the last thing you need is someone shouting "lazy w*nker" at you when you have already scored two goals that afternoon.

Next.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I said constantly....as in over months and months. When you're already unsettled the last thing you need is someone shouting "lazy w*nker" at you when you have already scored two goals that afternoon.

Next.

What a surprise ANOTHER excuse.:lol:

I Give up anyway, this argument is going nowhere and its very clear to me now that Murray can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I Give up anyway, this argument is going nowhere and its very clear to me now that Murray can do no wrong in some people's eyes now.

Hows that an excuse? You are clearly in the minority here with your little one man vendetta against one of our best players. Give it up. Move on.

What are you going to do when he's banging them in later in the season?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I Give up anyway, this argument is going nowhere and its very clear to me now that Murray can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

By the same token he can do no right in the eyes of others.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
By the same token he can do no right in the eyes of others.

Spot on.

Your argument falls apart Wizard because EVERYONE (me included) agrees that Brentford was wrong.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Spot on.

Your argument falls apart Wizard because EVERYONE (me included) agrees that Brentford was wrong.

Hang on, yes he was wrong at Bentford but given the abuse he's had I can see why he doesn't have much time for Albion fans. Shame on a man who puts his wife before his job.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Dear god. Don't be so precious.

He is seemingly stuck between a rock and a hard place. Personal issues mean that he is willing to leave, but offers (or the right offer has not been forthcoming). He has done nothing wrong on the pitch. He got abuse from a section of the crowd and decided against applauding the fans.

It is not as if he gesticulated at us. I am pretty sure I would applaud the fans if my wife/girlfriend was the subject of personal abuse. I am not sure you are the sort of person that would take that. Don't be so precious.

'I pay his wages' does not give someone a license to say whatever they want about someone.
well you get my vote in this latest edition of the Glenn Murray binfest, can't wait for him to get back in team personally...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Zamora wasn't lazy, but I do remember many idiots at the time claiming he was

I definitely remember people hurling abuse at Zamora for not tracking back.

He'll never be as good as Alex Revell...

No, sorry but I also remember those remarks. Granted they were from people who probably woudn't know a football if it hit them in the face.

It appears that I have an appalling memory.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not really a contribution to the conversation other than to indicate not everyone has an extreme position, but I'm largely indifferent to Murray.

I don't get the feeling of excitement I'm told others do whenever he gets the ball. I don't see the "class" that people say he has, I don't believe he is our best player, at least not stand out (I'd struggle to say any of our players stand out as particularly better than the rest, not that I think that's a bad thing).

His languid/lazy style doesn't offend me, though when paired with Forster I think it can be an issue, Murray isn't the sort to run all over the pitch, Forster is too old to do it for all the game every week, and I think every attack needs some pace and heavy workrate, but that comes down to pairing of players and matching up attributes and isn't a criticism of either player.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no problem with him not acknowledging the applause he received, I have no problem with him putting in a transfer request. I think people are more injured, and for longer, in poorly performing teams, when we're winning everyone wants back in. Since we were losing so much last year he wasn't the only injued player.

I guess I'm too middle of the road for this binfest.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
At the end of the day, anybody who honestly thinks that we're better off without Murray must be a Palace fan.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
People aren't allowed different opinions in your world then? :rolleyes:

Not when they're as stupid as yours no. Face a few facts before posting your 'hurt pride'. Murray probably thinks you're a wanker and it's not hard to see why.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Not really a contribution to the conversation other than to indicate not everyone has an extreme position, but I'm largely indifferent to Murray.

I don't get the feeling of excitement I'm told others do whenever he gets the ball. I don't see the "class" that people say he has, I don't believe he is our best player, at least not stand out (I'd struggle to say any of our players stand out as particularly better than the rest, not that I think that's a bad thing).

His languid/lazy style doesn't offend me, though when paired with Forster I think it can be an issue, Murray isn't the sort to run all over the pitch, Forster is too old to do it for all the game every week, and I think every attack needs some pace and heavy workrate, but that comes down to pairing of players and matching up attributes and isn't a criticism of either player.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no problem with him not acknowledging the applause he received, I have no problem with him putting in a transfer request. I think people are more injured, and for longer, in poorly performing teams, when we're winning everyone wants back in. Since we were losing so much last year he wasn't the only injued player.

I guess I'm too middle of the road for this binfest.

SAME AS THAT> :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not when they're as stupid as yours no. Face a few facts before posting your 'hurt pride'. Murray probably thinks you're a wanker and it's not hard to see why.

Feelings mutual.

People have different opinions in this world, your obviously oblivious to this but I can assure you they do.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Feelings mutual.

People have different opinions in this world, your obviously oblivious to this but I can assure you they do.

Tragically you're still a wanker though. There are some of us who actually understand the game, sadly you are not one of them. To get your pathetic atitude towards a player who doesn't curtsey when you want shows where you're at. The bloke wants out because of his domestic situtation. When you loose your virginity you might be able to understand his position.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tragically you're still a wanker though. There are some of us who actually understand the game, sadly you are not one of them. To get your pathetic atitude towards a player who doesn't curtsey when you want shows where you're at. The bloke wants out because of his domestic situtation. When you loose your virginity you might be able to understand his position.

Pretty sad getting personal over an internet forum....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here