Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

murray

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Then they are morons aswell.... but I doubt they'll have the chance as at the moment it seems he isn't really in RS plans.

'Eeyore, eeyore, his name is Barndoor Davies, and he's never gonna score'

Is a suggestion from my dad a few weeks ago :lolol:

Your old man is a moron? :ohmy:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i don't want to see our strikers chasing back and then knackered. I would much rather they spent their time pressing the oppositions back 4 to encourage mistakes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When he starts paying my wages then I'll apologise.

Dear god. Don't be so precious.

He is seemingly stuck between a rock and a hard place. Personal issues mean that he is willing to leave, but offers (or the right offer has not been forthcoming). He has done nothing wrong on the pitch. He got abuse from a section of the crowd and decided against applauding the fans.

It is not as if he gesticulated at us. I am pretty sure I would applaud the fans if my wife/girlfriend was the subject of personal abuse. I am not sure you are the sort of person that would take that. Don't be so precious.

'I pay his wages' does not give someone a license to say whatever they want about someone.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dickinson is a load of Shite.
Davies suffred the most abuse of any Brighton (whilst on the pitch, not t'internet)player in my living memmory
Forster is old and had it
Murray is a shit, lazy and always offside
Hart is brilliant because he runs around LOTS

that sums up NSC's thoughts on our strikeforce right?

That's unfair. Your are tarring every NSCer with the same brush as the morons that perpetually spout crap. (see example below)

Is this the right room for abuse?

Have you paid?

Yes.

In that case you can hurl whatever abuse you see fit but be sure I won't respond because I haven't paid you. Enjoy your day.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

The boring old "I pay his wages, he answers to me" argument popping up again. I don't know why people have this misguided belief. We're not paying anyone's wages. Not in the slightest, we're paying money to go watch the team, or we're paying money in the club shop for merchandise, or whatever else. You're not paying people's wages, the club do. We're just contributing to the club, so the "we pay your wages" argument is an absolute pile of tosh and people need to get over it, especially Wizard who couldn't put opinions into words and instead just bowed to such an ignorant post.

I've no doubts Murray will be getting back into the side pretty soon, alongside Forster. Davies is good but doesn't really have a future here I don't think. Which is harsh on him, because he's scoring in EVERY reserve game. Any other club would have him in their first team as a result of his form in the reserves, but he's just not needed here.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought Dickinson and had Forster, Murray, Davies and Hart as the strikers. But with the squad as it is, Davies is a surplus from the looks of it. I would loan him out, let him bang in the goals in someone's first team, and then get him back firing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Never ceases to amaze me the abuse Murray takes off some on here. The bloke is quality as his goals record shows, granted the whole Brentford thing was not his finest moment but I'm more than willing to forgive and forget is he starts smacking a few in. To say he shouldn't be in the squad when fit is just plain rubbish why would you not want one of if not you're best player in the team?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Never ceases to amaze me the abuse Murray takes off some on here. The bloke is quality as his goals record shows, granted the whole Brentford thing was not his finest moment but I'm more than willing to forgive and forget is he starts smacking a few in. To say he shouldn't be in the squad when fit is just plain rubbish why would you not want one of if not you're best player in the team?

but he doesnt run around like Hart does and Revell used too :ohmy:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The boring old "I pay his wages, he answers to me" argument popping up again. I don't know why people have this misguided belief. We're not paying anyone's wages. Not in the slightest, we're paying money to go watch the team, or we're paying money in the club shop for merchandise, or whatever else. You're not paying people's wages, the club do. We're just contributing to the club, so the "we pay your wages" argument is an absolute pile of tosh and people need to get over it, especially Wizard who couldn't put opinions into words and instead just bowed to such an ignorant post.

:lolol:

Ticket revenue does go towards player wages among other things actually, so therefore people who attend games deserve some respect from the players, which as you will have seen at games most players must agree with.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Ticket revenue does go towards player wages actually, so therefore people who attend games deserve some respect from the players, which as you will have seen at games most players must agree with.

Obviously it does. ??? Any penny you spend supporting the club indirectly goes toward the costs, and obviously that includes player wages. But to claim "I pay your wages" is so short sighted and ignorant, I can't see why people think it's a relevant thing to say.

Yes, we do deserve respect and what Murray did at Brentford was disrespectful and wrong, I'm sure he'd say the same thing himself. His quarrel is with the management, not the fans and we didn't deserve that. But he's human, and he has problems at home. I can understand why he wasn't at his most charming form that afternoon, I should imagine his hernia problems are getting him down aswell, he's a very good professional footballer who hasn't been able to play regularly for over a year. He's only human, but he happens to be a quality footballer and also happens to play for our club. Respect works both ways, remember. I don't see why he should be SLATED on places like this and still be expected to respect us, the actions of the minority do spoil things for the majority.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ticket revenue does go towards player wages among other things actually, so therefore people who attend games deserve some respect from the players, which as you will have seen at games most players must agree with.

He showed disrespect ONCE to people who have been constantly abusing him and, at times, his family. Balanced?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray has had plenty of reasons to be less than professional over the last couple of seasons, half surprised he hasn't walked.

S**t medical team
S**t fans
Unsettled home life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here