Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray

In or Out

• IN a great player who cares if his hearts not in it !

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • OUT his attitude stinks, I don't want him here !

Votes: 95 69.3%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I didn't vote on this because I don't think the issue is as black and white as the two options. I think it will be very hard for us to play Murray again after yesterday unless he apologises publicly for his behaviour. However, if he does that and is interested again, he is our best player in my opinion and we aren't exactly looking much like scoring at the moment. However, I think Murray has mentally left the club in which case we are best to get rid of him.

It is a shame though because he now won't be remembered as a very talented player but for his stupid behaviour yesterday.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
We are in a bit of a no win situation. If we don't play him it is unlikely anyone will pay what we will probably want for him. If we loan him out to someone like Rochdale like some are suggesting it is unlikely they will be able to pay all of his wages so we will still be picking up a huge bill for nothing. If we let him rot in the reserves then the asset that he was will gradually depreciate until his contract expires.

IMHO Slade should cut his losses, accept the transfer request, and hope that someone takes a punt, in time for us to spend the money on a replacement.

Neither option suits. He and we don't really want him 'IN' - he's generally wanted to impress, score some goals, and get bought by another club to our eternal regret at losing a hot striker.
That we are not really all that good enough to steamroller over teams left right and centre while he grabs hatfuls is apparently irrelevant.

I'm afraid this affair is a dichotomy for all concerned - Murray isn't going to get an easy exit, we won't be getting loads for him, and we all are going to remain unhappy about the situation. ...to the point that there will be no applause or love shared.

Meanwhile, it looks increasingly like Dickinson is hiding his talent ??? in favour of falling over at every opportunity instead of taking on defenders and getting goals.

The situation is :jester: and :dunce: , and for a company of professional sportsmen we are :shrug: and in danger of :shootself

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have backed him to the hilt on here before, but after today he can f*** right off. Cheered on to the pitch, had his name chanted. Didn't play badly in fairness. But his actions at the end of the game were a disgrace, utterly disrespectful to the fans, his team mates, his manager, the club that pays his wages. Loan him to Barrow or something, he is finished here.

(though whether this gives a bunch of middle aged low IQ pissheads the right to shout personal abuse about his family at him is another issue).

Agreed. Only those there can comment on this really.

Even tho it pains me to say he looked more dangerous in 20 mins than Dickinson did in the whole game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We are in a bit of a no win situation. If we don't play him it is unlikely anyone will pay what we will probably want for him. If we loan him out to someone like Rochdale like some are suggesting it is unlikely they will be able to pay all of his wages so we will still be picking up a huge bill for nothing. If we let him rot in the reserves then the asset that he was will gradually depreciate until his contract expires.

IMHO Slade should cut his losses, accept the transfer request, and hope that someone takes a punt, in time for us to spend the money on a replacement.

The only possibility other than that is to do a similar deal to Lynch where we loan him out to a northern Championship team on the basis they can sign him for £300K+ in the January transfer window if he does well. Surely a Championship team will give him a go if they only have to pay his wages until Christmas and then we hope he does well enough to earn a move.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The fands singing if you all hate Mrs Murray were twats and can see why he had the arse

That said, bye bye Glenn

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Act like a twat and f*** off, hopefully we can get shot of him by the end of August, it's worth talking a loss on him just to get shot of him, if not then he can rot in the stiffs til Januaray and then see if any club actually wants him because he's not wanted here.

This guy makes Leon Knight look like a saint.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
get rid - f***ing disgrace

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:nono:

The hostile people on this forum finding something else to moan about as per usual. I don't know what's wrong with everyone on here, he's a family man who has a northern wife/girlfriend who is unsettled down south and wants to take their daughter back up North. There is more to LIFE than football, and in this case Glenn Murray has to think about his life before his career. Which is the only reason he wants to move back up north, it has nothing to do with him not caring about the club or any of that bollocks. So, to summarise;

:shutup:

No, you :shutup:

The guy is a fcuking moron, who signed a contract, has no balls WRT his partner, likes his pay check (as does his partner), I'm sure, and clearly can't be ar$ed to play for us (although that is in his interest if he wants away)... what a complete :wanker:

Glenn... kindly FCUK OFF!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sell our best player? Might as well give ourselves up to league 2. All i know is that we do not create anything with Dickinson , as soon as Muzza comes on we have loads of chances. He is class.

Dickinson was playing on his own upfront... you cannot compare...

Forster made a much bigger impact off the bench than that :tosser: Murray...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I cannot understand people wanting to kick him out. Our best hope is for him to get his head in order score 15 goals before Christmas and then he will be worth a fortune and somebody up north will buy him in January. Failing that we sell him at a great loss, loan him out; or keep him in the reserves, none of which would recuperate our expenditure on him.

That is forgetting that him scoring 15 goals would give us a great platform for the season and from what has happened so far they could be the only 15 goals we score by then.

And that totally ignores the facts that (1) he was told BEFORE the season started that he will have to play well to get away, and he is such a fcuking moron, that he can't work that out... and (2) the impact his sh1t attitude will have on the rest of the squad...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The only possibility other than that is to do a similar deal to Lynch where we loan him out to a northern Championship team on the basis they can sign him for £300K+ in the January transfer window if he does well. Surely a Championship team will give him a go if they only have to pay his wages until Christmas and then we hope he does well enough to earn a move.

I will be AMAZED if a Championship club is interested with his attitude... also, he is a good player, but not even proven at L1... L1 at best methinks...

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:nono:

I don't know what's wrong with everyone on here, he's a family man who has a northern wife/girlfriend who is unsettled down south and wants to take their daughter back up North.

But both you and Murray (and more particularly Mrs. Murray) are missing the point here. He is a family man who chooses to (and is lucky enough to) earn his living playing football. It's a career that only lasts a few years, but for those years moving around goes with the job.
Somebody really should tell Mrs. Murray the facts of life - she landed herself a professional footballer, and probably thought it was quite a catch - fit, and higher than avarage earnings. If she wants that, then the price she has to pay is to move with him and support him; if she really thinks she can have all that, but still go on living two streets away from her mum, she needs a reality check.
We had the same problem a few years back with a certain Mrs. Mickey Thomas - and look what happened to them; that should serve as a warning to the Murrays in cloud-cuckoo land.
IMHO, we should loan him out - but to someone like Torquay or Exeter, or someone in the French secon division - and hold him to his contract. That way, the silly woman will realise that Brighton's not the end of the world, and he won't disrupt our dressing room. Hopefully, after a few months even further away from 'oop north' the silly pair will come to their senses and Murray will knuckle down and start to repay the investment we have made in him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I cannot understand people wanting to kick him out. Our best hope is for him to get his head in order score 15 goals before Christmas and then he will be worth a fortune and somebody up north will buy him in January. Failing that we sell him at a great loss, loan him out; or keep him in the reserves, none of which would recuperate our expenditure on him.

That is forgetting that him scoring 15 goals would give us a great platform for the season and from what has happened so far they could be the only 15 goals we score by then.

"At last,a post in all of this that makes sense (Glenn Murray please note )"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here