Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray wants 10k+ a week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It doesn't matter anymore if he wants this much or that much, couldn't care less in him anymore, he has shown what's more important to him now, and its not the club or the future of it. No one is bigger than the club, withdraw any offer we had given him and let's move on and have players that want to be here. Thanks and goodbye Murray!

Didn't people say similar about Calderon this time last year?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
10k+ is too much. If we offer him 7-8k over three years that's still makes him a millionaire not including performance and goal bonuses, image rights etc. It is vital that we operate the football side of our operation sensibly from the off and not gamble on possible future success. If Murray can find someone who can pay him that, then fair play, if it's Palace then the joke will ultimately be on him as it is a backwards career move, but that's not our problem.

It's a real shame as we are undoubtedly a better team with him in it, but I know that Gus and Tony will be able to get a replacement that both we and they will be more than happy with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
cant understand all the shit comments about glen ,his only trying to get the best deal for himself nothing wrong with that we would all do the same???
Ah, you forget what hypocrites football fans are. We're all loyal to one club and will never change, but there's no money involved. I'd support palace and burn my albion shirts if you paid me £10k a week. When we fall out with our boss at work (no reference to GM here) we can (and should) change jobs, but we wouldn't forgive a player that did the same.

The truth is, we don't know exactly what Glen has been offered by Brighton, and we don't know what other clubs are offering him. If he moves to a club like Palace (not at the top of its game) for a very small difference, it would seem like a daft choice to me, but if he goes somewhere for a £500k one off payment or an extra £3k a week, I wouldn't blame him. Football careers are short, I don't blame them for taking what they can.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
10k for someone who's not proven in the Championship? Don't think so Glenn, You're a key player but you're replaceable.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
plenty of league 1 strikers have done well in the championship this year and i don't think anyone can tell whether GM would get 5,15 or 25 goals at this stage...I think the club are dealing with this well, its business. Offer him what they are willing to pay, taking in to account the need to buy/sign a suitable replacement and see what he says. There is no need for animosity to the guy, as others have said its a short career, he's not likely to make it to the premiership so playing in the championship for as much £ as he can get over the next 3 or 4 years is exactly what any of us would do (I think) and if he can earn an extra £100k a year at another club who wouldnt take that, its not like he has earnt his fortune playing at a high level and is dropping down, this is his one chance potentially of earning big in a short career. Good luck to the guy, whatever he does, he has played really well this season and helped us get to the championship.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He showed last night that it was a mistake to let him go. He was the difference between us winning and losing.

Never in a million years. Zaha and the blond lad were the difference and our inability to keep/have possession in midfield. Murray was disntinctly average, missed a relatively easy chance in the first half and other than a couple of neat lay-offs did nothing extra-ordinary. The goal has bigged up what was a rather average performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here