Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray wants 10k+ a week.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
What wages would Ambrose and Spironi be on?
(Champ average per Deloittes, including clubs with PL parachute money, is £5,700 per week).

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
What wages would Ambrose and Spironi be on?
(Champ average per Deloittes, including clubs with PL parachute money, is £5,700 per week).

Does that include everyone on the clubs' books though? As there will be plenty of reserve and youth team players on well under £500 a week.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The worrying thing is, I'd wager that a good proportion of players in the Championship are on far far more than 10-12k a week. Not saying that we should be paying that much, but it will be hard to compete with many teams if we stand by our principles.
Well reading have a 6500 wage cap???
10k+ for murray is laughable.if he was mid-20's and scored 20+goals a season then maybe but he is worth no more than 8k a week,im surprised if true that we offered 10k:glare:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
10k is too much for Murray.
Is 10k too much for Owen?

No, you get what you pay for. In terms of experence etc etc. That said anyone signing Owen would have a more complex contract that a straight wage, on account of his injury record. Apperence and goal bonuses etc...

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Ambrose is one of the best players in the Championship, so fair enough. Speroni is one of the busiest, so I guess that is fair too. Murray on a 2 or 3 year contract at 10k a week is high risk, to say the least.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I've lost all sense of perspective since hearing during the FA Cup Final commentary that Yaya Toure is paid over £220K a week.

Yep,did it for me as well.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Deloitte's looked at this, and worked out that the combined wages of management, stewards etc, & youth / reserve team players was always a tiny fraction of the total payroll costs, because the the first team squad earns such mega-money per person.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Ambrose is worth it.
At Newcastle and since thought he had a bit of class about him.
Spironi loyal.

Was surprised Warnock didn't steal them too.

maybitch

May 13, 2011
tell him to go. look at the players ian hollerway has brought in at blackpool on a wage buget if he can do it so can we

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not sure it's a case of being too much for Owen, but more of the impact on the squad. Gus has spent a fair amount of time building up a strong squad. Could bringing in the 'big' name knock it out of kilter?

You could understand players getting pissed off with Murray get payed more than them, but maybe they'd accept it with Owen as he's clearly a miles better player and has achieved so much more. And he flies his own helicopter.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Maybe offer him only an 2 year deal as he only seems to want to play when a contract is coming up, then sell him after a year, or keep him if he really is doing well ( I cant really see him getting 20 goals in the Championship mind and it could be a disaster ) and offer contract extension at that point ( which is what we should have done ).

Oh yeah, and f*** off hope you go down.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
You could understand players getting pissed off with Murray get payed more than them, but maybe they'd accept it with Owen as he's clearly a miles better player and has achieved so much more. And he flies his own helicopter.

certainly. the helecopter would be the winner for me

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
7k a week or 10k once he has signed he is worth £750000 to sell on, as it stands he is. Worth £0 to us!!
It's not that simple. If he wants to drive his price up due to being out of contract, he's the sort of player that would do it again - ie, sign, play the length of the contract, then go elsewhere on a free/demand high wages again. He's presumably been offered a little more for the fact he's out of contract, but there's got to be a limit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he does he won't be with us next season, the sooner this charade is over the better.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And nobody has even mentioned the signing on fee that he is no doubt demanding. If his market value is say £1m, bet he wants 250k just to sign the contract??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here