Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray wants 10k+ a week.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
You could understand players getting pissed off with Murray get payed more than them, but maybe they'd accept it with Owen as he's clearly a miles better player and has achieved so much more. And he flies his own helicopter.

He could land at the racecourse, get the park and ride to the Amex and be back in time to see his runner in the evening race card. Now I can see how it all comes together! Obviously going to happen.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Owen story would be ficticious.

Used to earning millions and thesedays would only want to live a short helicopter ride from his Family Home & Horse Stud.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well reading have a 6500 wage cap???
10k+ for murray is laughable.if he was mid-20's and scored 20+goals a season then maybe but he is worth no more than 8k a week,im surprised if true that we offered 10k:glare:

Methinks if he was mid 20's & scored 20+ goals a season, he'd have buggered off to a club with cash to burn ages ago. :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
if someone is willing to pay that much for him then they're welcome to have him

i sure as hell don't want us paying that for a single player, and i get the impression TB agrees with me

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Murray is ok, but isn't a big name that sells. Owen is good and is a big name that sells. Having thought about this, and if he could complement the squad then this would be a fantastic commercial coup. Would take more than £10k though, but better spent on Owen than Murray. Not much merchandising on the back of Murrays name I'm afraid.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I too want to be paid £10k+ a week; I'm worth it more than Glen is, but neither of us is likely to get it.

I could play for Palace with my lack of pace and my arm in a sling due to my bad shoulder. Seems like Glen has recognised that he has "peaked"; he has just had the best season in his career and its now just a case of cashing in and making as much money as he can before he retires. Who can blame him. Bad deal for Palace; itsaves some money for us as he would just be a back up player for us in The Championship. A win - win situation all around, and his trade mark five fingered goal celebration will be remembered by Palace fans for ever more as the number of goals he will score in The Chammpionship for Palace next season before he is loaned tout o Accrington Stanley.

If Gus had thought Glen was diefinately a Championship player he would have signed Glen to a contract around Christmas time as he did for Elliot and Adam. GUs hasing.ambition and he knows what he is dou

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If he wanted 10k and we offered say 7k. Then after month or so no1 has offered him more. Would we just say well 5k is now all that's left cos you're now 3rd choice not 1st?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Great point.
Bloom/Poyet could have made a move to give him a big contract anytime in the last year, but behind the scenes concentrated on results and didn't let his agitating agent spoil things.
Just like the latterly melancholy Torres dragged LFC and CFC down, it isn't worth having an unhappy character in the camp.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I've lost all sense of perspective since hearing during the FA Cup Final commentary that Yaya Toure is paid over £220K a week.

Or indeed, to broaden the comparison, that Johnny Depp got $55m for POtC4, which has pretty much thrown me when it comes to discussing peoples worth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`d give him and his agent another week or so then I`d withdraw the offer like Poyet did with Calderon. Then I`d start looking for a replacement. I`m not that sure that Championship managers are going to rate Murray quite as highly as his agent obviously does. This situation has been going on for a little while now and though I`m sure Murray can secure himself a tidy deal but so far no one has actually offered him anything concrete.
Yes one more week and then lets move on.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Does anyone think that any one of the Owens, Heskeys, even Beckhams of this world who, at the twylight of their careers, might actually be interested to do something which would purely be of interest and pleasure to them. I say that on the basis, that to some of the guys in that category, a new situation as BHAFC are now in, may intrigue them. After all they don't even need the money contrary to the GMs of this world.

Just a thought

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Does anyone think that any one of the Owens, Heskeys, even Beckhams of this world who, at the twylight of their careers, might actually be interested to do something which would purely be of interest and pleasure to them. I say that on the basis, that to some of the guys in that category, a new situation as BHAFC are now in, may intrigue them. After all they don't even need the money contrary to the GMs of this world.

Just a thought

Oh no, you're getting sucked in.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
of course he is worth the money'no transfer fee , to buy some one of his class would cost close to one million then you would have wages on top probably in the region of 10k aweek. without his goals we wouldnt be in the championship and dont forget he drops deep to defend ie corners so he is not always at the topend of the pitch,i think there be mad to let him go we need to bring in quality players not let are best ones go. cant understand all the shit comments about glen ,his only trying to get the best deal for himself nothing wrong with that we would all do the same???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I`d give him and his agent another week or so then I`d withdraw the offer like Poyet did with Calderon.

yes, we've seen how Gus and Tony roll already, so i've no doubt that this Murray issue will be resolved very soon, on their terms with the interests of the club and not the player put first.

Does anyone think that any one of the Owens, Heskeys, even Beckhams of this world who, at the twylight of their careers, might actually be interested to do something which would purely be of interest and pleasure to them.

i do. but not likly come to us. Hesky would go to Leicester (quite likly i reckon), Beckham to West Ham or somewhere near where his UK place is, Owen to somewhere in the North West. not likley to upsticks and take a pay cut just for an interesting project.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I like Murray, but I don't think he is worth breaking a wage cap for. If we go down that road, I think Gus and Tony would have a big queue outside their doors with other players wanting parity.

As for these silly Owen, Heskey and Beckham rumours, I can't believe some on here really think its going to happen.:nono:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I've lost all sense of perspective since hearing during the FA Cup Final commentary that Yaya Toure is paid over £220K a week.

didn't know that but I know what you mean. My first thought was, that's not much is it 10k a week?

Then my brain engaged

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
of course he is worth the money'no transfer fee , to buy some one of his class would cost close to one million then you would have wages on top probably in the region of 10k aweek. without his goals we wouldnt be in the championship and dont forget he drops deep to defend ie corners so he is not always at the topend of the pitch,i think there be mad to let him go we need to bring in quality players not let are best ones go. cant understand all the shit comments about glen ,his only trying to get the best deal for himself nothing wrong with that we would all do the same???

Unfortunately, you are wrong. If he was "quality" TB and GP would pay whatever he wanted, within reason. Murray is just "ok" and a competent striker at League 1 level. To think that his goals got us the championship is simply laughable, the team made the goals in the main, not him. If we did not have him, do you not think that TB would have given GP the money for another striker on loan (which could not happen with Murray here because they would need to be guaranteed a start).

In fairness, we have only had one striker that ever stood head and shoulders above the rest of the team, and that was Bobby Zamora. Even Peter Ward was part of a good team, and had Spider as a strike partner.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The trouble starts when 1 player at the end of contract has a good season, more money or i'm off. The wage ceiling goes up to keep him, then everyone wants more and so it goes on until the club hits a poor run, income drops and we get a W Ham(massive debts, relegation,players overpaid).The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
It doesn't matter anymore if he wants this much or that much, couldn't care less in him anymore, he has shown what's more important to him now, and its not the club or the future of it. No one is bigger than the club, withdraw any offer we had given him and let's move on and have players that want to be here. Thanks and goodbye Murray!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here