Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Wallace from Falkirk to join for 300,000

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Murray in the white shirt, for Falkirk.
6424307287_a3d60e8a4c_m.jpg

Doesn't look like he messes around when he tackles!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow! The lad has choices... I would still just about say we are in pole position...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Wow! The lad has choices... I would still just about say we are in pole position...

I guess that would depend on whether we're looking to sign him for the first team squad or on a DS contract, If it's the latter then he might well opt to go elsewhere if another club offer him first team football.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I think he'd look at the teams, see Greer and CMS who could help him settle in, but he'd also see JFC/Dunk/Hall/Toby and realise that Poyet isn't afraid to throw in young players.

That could be the factor that means we get him.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see from the BBC site, he will be talking to Ipswich on Sunday.........but apparently he had talks with Brighton on Thursday.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
From the scottish express

BRIGHTON last night sparked a transfer scramble for Falkirk kid Murray Wallace after successfully tabling a £300,000 bid.
Gus Poyet’s Championship side have thrashed out a fee with Falkirk and pledged to loan the kid defender back to the Bairns for the remainder of the season.
Brighton are now desperate to get the deal signed and sealed because they know that rivals are preparing to jump in and try and hijack the deal at the 11th hour.

Several of Brighton’s Championship rivals are also keen to land Wallace who has been outstanding for the First Division side all season during their run to the League Cup semi-finals.

Now there is the real prospect of an auction developing over the next 48 hours as the 19-year-old’s final destination is sorted out.However, one things is for sure – an imminent deal for Wallace will be the biggest of the Scottish transfer window to date.

And it also represents shrewd business by the Bairns who signed the left-sided defender three years ago after he was released by Rangers.
Several of Brighton’s Championship rivals are also keen to land Murray Wallace who has been outstanding for the First Division side all season during their run to the League Cup semi-finals.

Wallace – who hails from Eaglesham – had hoped to make it big at Rangers but refused to give up on his dream after the light blues wouldn’t commit to a senior contract.

Falkirk’s renowned youth academy won the race to sign him on release from Ibrox and the First Division club are now set to pocket a handsome fee with add-ons to help pay-off a large chunk of their losses.

No point in this signing if he will not play this season this time next season we could be in 18th place 10 points adrift of the play offs.We need to take advantage of the position we are currently in.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
very myopic - Poyet has a five year plan and is building for the future, look at Ipswich and Jewell who has bought loads of experienced players and are struggling. Agree we need a couple of first teamers but one of Poyet qualities is his vision for the club.

No point in this signing if he will not play this season this time next season we could be in 18th place 10 points adrift of the play offs.We need to take advantage of the position we are currently in.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

If you look to the present and ignore the future you go the way of Portsmouth. Clearly some are so short sighted they can't see the problems down the other end of the A27.

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He's still young, he'll hopefully be looking at which club can offer him the best future..........no brainer!!!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If he's a left sided centre back, that would point more towards replacing Dunk than Greer, GG plays on the right. Does this possibly suggest an agreement for Dunk to go in the summer (at least meaning he stays here for the year)

Slam Dunk...or is it Dunk in the slammer....

Back Post Misses

Jan 26, 2012
Falkirk fan here and thought I would give you my two pennies worth on this lad.

IMO he is the best prospect we have produced since Gary Gillespie was sold to Coventry in the 70's. Great with both feet, superb in the air (Pressley said he is the best header of the ball he has ever seen at his age), brilliant attitude and quick too. He is still to fill out, only turned 19 two weeks ago. If you get him for the money talked about you are getting a real bargain.

If you want a look at him we are live on BBC Scotland tomorrow against Celtic in the League Cup semi (ch 971 on Sky) and you will see for yourself. IMO he will be a first team player for whoever get him next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here