Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Wallace from Falkirk to join for 300,000

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
While a very average player can look good in Scottish League One, that doesn't mean all of them are average. There are some gems up there I'm sure, and you just have to trust our scouting network.

A young lad who can come it at LB, and develop into a CB sounds ideal.

Talking of leftbacks who become centrebacks....................... how well is Jim McNulty doing at centre half for Barnsley? Really, really pleased for him :)

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
murray_walker_1.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Talking of leftbacks who become centrebacks....................... how well is Jim McNulty doing at centre half for Barnsley? Really, really pleased for him :)

Oh I'm pleased if he's doing well, as I always liked him ... and my son has the gloves he wore in his last ever game for the Albion, away to Aston Villa. Little did we know it was his last game for us.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Naylor tweeted that fee agreed.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Its amazing how nobody blinks an eye when we bid £300,000 for a player now, when that was our record transfer for 25 yrs. times have changed

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
disagree to be fair, jordan rhodes has scored goals at internatational under 21 level this year and is a regular in that squad. He has also been included in the Scotland squad. He has also scored goals at that level (although this year more) consistantly for a couple of years. He is also playing in a team that create a lot of chances too. Also i would disagree that its a similar standard. Bar one maybe two teams of that division (scots division 1) they would all struggle at league one level

I think my last statement was a bit generalised and looking back it was a bit bollocks aswell.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Its amazing how nobody blinks an eye when we bid £300,000 for a player now, when that was our record transfer for 25 yrs. times have changed

300K and we don't even take him - stays there on loan.

Strange how the Argus has now reported excatly what has been said on NSC hours earlier.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds good, but a bit disappointing that we have to loan him back, especially with Paints injured...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
300K and we don't even take him - stays there on loan.

Strange how the Argus has now reported excatly what has been said on NSC hours earlier.

Amazing... Its almost like they wanted to validate the unsubstantiated rumours before committing to print!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought there was no money left?If we can afford £300k on a defender just to loan him back,how much can we afford on a first team striker?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is astounding, 300k for a player to put in our DS, a few years ago 300k would have been close to a record breaking fee. Crazy.

It gives creedence to speculation that dunk is likely to go in the Summer transfer window.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought there was no money left?If we can afford £300k on a defender just to loan him back,how much can we afford on a first team striker?

Remember that only a percentage of that will be up front with the rest in stages = probably a nominal amount now and the biggest slice in the summer so they can sign new players in the most favourable market, then a final amount once we are generating additional revenue during next season. 12 months seems to be the general convention for (relatively) minor amounts and bigger deals can be paid over two or three years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ipswich struggling and Hudds L1 => we must be in pole position...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here