Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Southampton

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
When does Murray's contract run out, June 30, right? If so expect to hear him linked with more clubs. I hope he stays but think he'll be off.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It has come to the point where I don't care where he goes if he decides to go - just f***ing hurry up and make a decision, the sooner this is resolved the better and we can get on with preparing for the championship

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Murray can do what he likes quite frankly. Yes he's quality but he's also a moody northern git. Poyet will have the backing to replace him if he goes, no bones about it!

What a load of sweaty old bollocks.

I know Glenn and he's a top lad. A bit quiet and shy, yes, but not moody. He doesn't like all the attention.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It has come to the point where I don't care where he goes if he decides to go - just f***ing hurry up and make a decision, the sooner this is resolved the better and we can get on with preparing for the championship

This This This This a MILLION times this.

Im sure this will not happen this season but over the years its been f***ing ANNOYING when a manager hasnt had the time to plan pre-season because contracts are all up in the air and we have to rely on last min (or NO) signings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Im sure this will not happen this season but over the years its been f***ing ANNOYING when a manager hasnt had the time to plan pre-season because contracts are all up in the air and we have to rely on last min (or NO) signings.
You would think Poyet has probably already started shopping for a striker, based on the assumption that Murray is on his way.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Murray will not go horizontally he will go north (vertically up the map) to where he can get chips and gravy and that ain't gonna be Southampton Football Club (once proud owners of St Mary's, a 15k stadium)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Hasn't happened in Poyet or Bloom's tenure though. Chill out and let them do their business :smile:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So that is Derby, Millwall, Palace or Soton so far depending on which source you believe.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What a load of sweaty old bollocks.

I know Glenn and he's a top lad. A bit quiet and shy, yes, but not moody. He doesn't like all the attention.

Sadly, his agent has assured him of plenty of attention with the fatuous Palace link. Maybe Glenn should ask to be represented in a manner befitting his preference for a lack of attention? That is, not through the biggest medium available, Sky Sports. Would be a shame if Glenn was ultimately forced to leave by his agent's attempts at playing poker with a poker player.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Murray himself would be a clown to move on now, except maybe for more money..higher division new stadium a good team and hes playing some class football

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
His agent really is a predictable twat isn't he? I don't doubt that he's staying put, personally, and none of this complete crap is going to convince me otherwise - it's so both insubstantial and utterly transparent.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Calderon signed a contract really late last year didn't he? Just give Murray time, I honestly don't see why he would want to leave, this year he has been his best but more importantly he has looked like he is enjoying himself at the club, compared to recent years (Brentford away springs to mind). Really hope he stays, will be a great player next year.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Murray himself would be a clown to move on now, except maybe for more money..higher division new stadium a good team and hes playing some class football

It's ALL about the money unfortunately. If it wasn't he would have signed by now. He is taking his time (as he is entitled to do), and none of these rumours that are designed to up his worth, are going to have any affect on Bloom's and Brown's negotiating. Bloom is far too savvy to be forced into anything. He knows what Glenn's worth and will pay it, no more no less.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That was the rumour a few weeks ago.

first I've heard and seeing as how one is out of contract and available on a free and (as far as I know) one is contracted I seriously doubt it, someone was having you on

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Actually the rumour was we were going to buy Lambert and that if we did SCC would sign Murray to replace him. The same but different if you know what I mean, I personally dont think it would happen as I dont think we would pay the price for Lambert when we could spend the same money to keep Murray and sign a partner for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here