The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£500k we should rip their bloody hand off, that would be a FANTASTIC deal.
Believe it when I see it though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes but I doubt we'll replace him with as good a player

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yes but I doubt we'll replace him with as good a player

I honestly believe that a less talented player who is more committed to the cause will be more prolific for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
wouldn't want him to go to the same division as us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For half a million quid? are you mad? ofcourse we could get a better player for that kind of cashola!

One, will we spend the half million and two...we'll see :)

I see Swindon want 2.5 million for Cox, so 500k for Murray really isn't that much, is Cox 5 times better?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
with a sell-on...yes

but I think those who believe he can be easily replaced will be sadly disillusioned.

he is quality and it will be tough to cover for his loss.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
its a good price but less the 20% sell on would be 400k so a smaller profit, even so if invested correctly we could replace but in my opinion we wont better him in terms of goal scoring stats.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
its a good price but less the 20% sell on would be 400k so a smaller profit, even so if invested correctly we could replace but in my opinion we wont better him in terms of goal scoring stats.

I didn't think there was a sell on clause? Thought we just paid Rochdale a straight 300k

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He is going to go regardless and we might as well get the biggest offer possible. 500k is a good deal, but one which if Glenn stays fit is a bargin for Leeds / Blackpool. If he played every game all season he'd bag 25 goals +.

I would love to know all the details on why his other half couldn't settle in Sussex and needs to move back up north? Very strange...it's only 4 hours away and we now have cars and planes and even trains.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Murray has scored 20 goals for us in 18 months. Do people on here really think that for £500k we won't be able to get someone to match that record? That's about 13 a season.

That's a rather misleading stat, given he must of been out for a lot of that.

A better stat is his goal to game ratio, which I believe to be 1 in 2 but I will check that before I get shot down!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
That's a rather misleading stat, given he must of been out for a lot of that.

A better stat is his goal to game ratio, which I believe to be 1 in 2 but I will check that before I get shot down!

I think your right 19 goals in 38 appearances?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here