Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray to Forest?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems Glenn wants an 18 month deal, Forest want a half season loan.

Glenn clearly won't cave in - he can stay here and look for a 1 year deal in the summer - up to Forest now really.

There are a lot of Championship clubs getting more and more desperate by the day for a striker.

I bet Glenn gets some acceptable deadline day options.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It seems Glenn wants an 18 month deal, Forest want a half season loan.

Glenn clearly won't cave in - he can stay here and look for a 1 year deal in the summer - up to Forest now really.

There are a lot of Championship clubs getting more and more desperate by the day for a striker.

I bet Glenn gets some acceptable deadline day options.

That's the problem... it means we have to act now in light of his likely departure IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm v inclined to think we have already acted if we're considering letting him go..............................

I hope you're correct... any evidence?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's the problem... it means we have to act now in light of his likely departure IMHO...
But it may be out of our hands.

If our 1st choice, say Fyodor Chalov*, is waiting to see if Chelsea want him, but he is 2nd choice on their list... then how long do we wait until shelving that idea and going for our own 2nd choice ?

How brave are we, or do we fold early and get a lesser player in say 10 days earlier ?

We won't get anyone in for Villa, probably not for Bournemouth, so we just stick to our own cut off date before going to choice 2.

* used for purely illustrative purposes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if we have considered offering him another 1 year contract to be on our bench and if they have whether he would consider signing it. I am sure that he could manage 30 min sub appearance most weeks. He would possibly score more goals than we do at the moment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder if we have considered offering him another 1 year contract to be on our bench and if they have whether he would consider signing it. I am sure that he could manage 30 min sub appearance most weeks. He would possibly score more goals than we do at the moment.

can't see it. We need to manage the current situation tactically but the longer term situation strategically, ie sign someone for the next few years.

Not sure why Glenn's potential has increased recently when a few weeks ago many of us were saying that he was off the pace for PL

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll go to Palace 'on a free' in the summer.

Prince Charming will have to play to the Goons Gallery after finally selling Mr Tumble.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Absolutely none, other than the club is very well managed and letting him go without any cover would appear to be a bit careless.

I agree. There’s absolutely no way the club would let him go without a replacement secured. This is why transfers often don’t get done until deadline day and the it’s like a domino effect with one transfer enabling another one to happen. It’s like being in a chain to buy a house!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting to see how Hughton has set up against Muff.

He is playing a 4-2-3-1 with Murray up top but Knocky on the middle of the 3 behind him. I’ll not sure if he ever played Knocky that central for us?

Anyway, here’s hoping they stuff that Muff.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Muzza really looks good for Forest today. So unlucky just now with a beautifully sneaky header from a corner. Bong & Knocky have been good too.

Lovely to see Hughton’s attacking Championship football tactics again.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Just chatting to a met who is a Forest fan. They very impressed with our Glenn. Described Glenn's performances as masterclasses. He also tells me some Forest fans now jokingly referring to their team as Nottingham and Hove Albion!

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
No idea why he wasn't kept for this season at least, holds the ball up, wins some good free kicks up top, scores pens, would have taken him on the pitch for 20-30 minutes a game with 5-6 goals to his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here