Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray/Poyet falling out

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can believe some of these rumours by why on earth would Gus lay into Murray after the Bristol Rovers game? He was one of the best players on the pitch.

Thats what I was thinking. What did he lay into Murray for exactly?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IMHO, Murray is now our best striker... Gus made a mistake not starting him, at least at Saints, when the Rovers game made it obvious that Wood/Murray works a lot better than Wood/Barnes... also, are we contractually obliged to play Wood in the league? It will be Murray/Barnes on Sat because Wood is not allowed to play FA Cup games anyway... BTW, I heard the Poyet/Murray bust-up rumour too, although this was BEFORE the Rovers game, allegedly... source: coaching staff... it really can't be that serious, otherwise Murray wouldn't even be on the bench, a la Forster...

Lush

Mods' Pet
I would imagine Gus was a bit frustrated at the number of scoring chances going begging. Perhaps Glenn was just nearest. Doesn't mean he's leaving.

After his performance at St Mary's he got showered with praise by Gus. Doesn't mean he's getting a pay rise. All part and parcel of management.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray has been brilliant since August 2009 when he sorted his private issues out. Anybody who cannot see that is quite frankly an idiot :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray has been brilliant since August 2009 when he sorted his private issues out. Anybody who cannot see that is quite frankly an idiot :)

Triple this. It's BOLLOCKS that he's only started playing well recently.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Poyet, on the official website:

"I want to credit the three subs today. I never usually pick out individuals but I thought the three of them were brilliant today, and they deserve plenty of credit.

"Lewis Dunk was outstanding. I was a little bit worried about him because he has not been at his best for the last few weeks but he is good, and he's proved that. He showed today that he was back to his best.

"Jamie Smith was at his best and it was a good game for Glenn Murray and that's important. It's not just about the team: it's the whole squad that's important for us."

Doesn't sound like there's been a spat to me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Murray is holding out for more money and there is 4-5 other clubs willing to pay more then what we've offered so far

Or it sounds like Gus laid in to him against Rovers, relegated him to the bench for Barnes and Gus needed to see for both his own sake and for Glenns that he could bounce back when called on during a match. It went well, Gus is happy and therefore no saga. either way its a happy ending.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
No matter what's going on behind the scenes, Murray shouldn't be dropped if it's to do with him stalling a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here